The Walking Dead | Teen Ink

The Walking Dead

February 24, 2015
By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
36 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Summary: The Difference between the Dead and the Living, Season 5 Episode 11


"The Distance" is an episode that intrigued me all the way till the very end with it's intense moments and a well done plot. This episode clearly shows how Rick and his group truly developed throughout the seasons and aren't taking anymore chances in trusting any random person.

The episode kicks off with where the previous episode left where we finally meet Aaron, a suspicious person who recruits people to the so called safe zone called 'Alexandria' which Rick and his group has to audition for.
As of now, the opening scene of this episode remains to be my favorite so far in the whole show for it was executed perfectly which really brings you to the edge of your seat and it truly was an awesome scene adapted straight from the comics. The opening sequence really talks a lot about how the whole episode played out. Rick was not taking anymore chances in trusting anybody else than his group. Ever since his experiences in Terminus and Woodbury, I think any person with that kind of experience would do the same and not instantly trust him. Which brings us to the question which continuously boggles our minds while the episode was playing, Can We Trust This Man? This truly glued me to my seat because as each scene started to play out I wanted to know how the show was gonna play and twist our minds regarding Aaron's suspicious character, and well enough, the episode did a remarkable job. The episode was also packed with intense zombie killing and intense exchanges of dialogue. So far the show is taking the right route in following up this storyline from the comics and I'm very sure it's going to be a wild ride for the upcoming episodes.

Overall, a riveting episode filled with intense moments to make sure you're glued to your seat wanting more and more.

+A Developed Rick Grimes,
+Aaron's suspicious character,
+That awesome opening scene,

+Alexandria Safe-Zone,
+Intense Sequences,
+Upcoming Storyline with Potential.

Verdict: 9.4/10