Supernatural | Teen Ink

Supernatural

By Cupcakedevil22 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Cupcakedevil22 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

"If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space." -Travis Pastrana

“Saving people, hunting things. The family business.” For the Winchester brothers, that is. These brothers are the main characters of the show “Supernatural.” A show with great actors, an amazing plot, a tremendous amount of episodes, and a dedicated fanbase.

Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester) and Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester) are the main stars of this show, playing the brothers as said above; they first made their appearance on the “pilot” episode. After a while  more important characters started showing up. Some only meant to stay a short amount of time, but ended up sticking around for a while. Jim Beaver for example, his character, Bobby Singer, was only meant to stay on the show for a few episodes. But he actually stayed from episode 22 (the season one finale) to episode 173 (the season nine premiere). Now somewhere in all this, another character was introduced. Castiel, played by Misha Collins, angel of the lord. After his first appearance on episode 61 (the season four premiere), he was quick to become a fan favorite, and has stayed on the show ever since. Now, who do we have to thank for all these characters?

Eric Kripke, the creator of “Supernatural,” was also the writer and producer of “Boogyman” and “Revolution.” He is the one who wrote the show so many people know and love today. The show about two brothers that travel around the country, fighting monsters, saving people they meet, while fighting their own battles along the way. The battles have changed over the seasons, getting bigger and more important as time goes on.

Ever since the first fight of the Winchester’s, there have been hundreds more, 203 more to be exact. The pilot episode was aired on September 13th, 2005. Nine years later, on December 9th, 2014, the 204th episode aired. After being on hiatus for over a month, it will return on January 20th, 2015, to show the 10th episode of season ten. It will take place on CW at eight pm central time.

Over these past ten seasons, “Supernatural” has become my favorite show. Not just because the actors cared so much about the show or their fans, but because it’s an action packed, dramatic, comedy all rolled into one. There’s a little bit for everything for everyone.

For any show to be great, these needs to be more than just what meets the eye. Everything about it needs to seem real. The characters, the script, the props, the setting, and everything. My hopes for “the family business” is that these things continue to be great, and it continues for a long, long time.