The Flash | Teen Ink

The Flash

By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other

My TV Series Review: The Flash Episode 10

The Fastest Man Alive, with a little bit of Frost and Fire
The Flash returns with "Revenge of the Rogues" after a mid-season break, however Captain Cold also makes a return to Central City with a new friend who is named Heat Wave that now has the flamethrower for a weapon. But does Frost and Fire make up for a great episode?

The whole cast does a great job on doing their part to make this show entertaining and worthwhile while also returning the light-hearted feel of the whole show. Grant Gustin remains intact and joyful to watch as The Flash, Dr. Wells also remain to be mysterious and quite menacing, and the supporting cast such as Cisco, Caitlin, Iris and Detective Joe are still great in each of their respective roles. I was rather looking forward to the return of Captain Cold and the introduction of Heat Wave, however they felt like ordinary and mediocre villains with cheesy and clichéd dialogue throughout the episode. The episode is also filled with clichés that sometimes make you want to yawn or skip the scene sometimes because it just flat out becomes predictable on what happens next. The visuals, which I was rather worried of because it might've loss its quality, also remained intact and stunning just like the previous episodes.

The action didn't lose it's way and were still entertaining to watch. The Iris and Barry (which I am now calling) forced relationship makes a return which I now treated as a hint that you could now stand up to get a drink or refill your snack. Towards the end of the episode, I hope it was a sign that the Iris and Barry relationship would finally end because if it makes a return then it will just be super annoying already.

Overall, a mediocre episode but still entertaining nonetheless if you want to pass the time.
+Cast performance,
-Mediocre and Clichéd villains,
-Predictable episode,
+Visuals,
+Action,
-Iris and Barry forced relationship,
+That end credits scene which teases a new character to watch out for.

Verdict: 7.4/10