Shark Tank | Teen Ink

Shark Tank

By Nick54321 BRONZE, Parkland, Florida
Nick54321 BRONZE, Parkland, Florida
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Have you ever been scrolling through your cable guide looking for something to watch. Then, you find what looks to be a great show according to the title, but you are disappointed when you find out what the show is really about. This exact same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I was scrolling through my guide and found a show named Shark Tank. I assumed it was an entertaining show about sharks, so I clicked it. You can imagine how upset I was when I selected it and found my young self staring at older men and women who were screaming large numbers and words I didn’t understand at the time. Little did I know then, but now Shark Tank is one of my favorite shows I have ever seen. Shark Tank is an unbelievable show because it helps hundreds of people, is very entertaining, and is very inspiring.

The first reason why I believe Shark Tank should be receiving more credit is because of the once in a lifetime opportunities it gives to people. Aspiring entrepreneurs step out into the “tank” and pitch their businesses/ideas to a group of five filthy rich entrepreneurs. For some people their businesses are failing and Shark Tank is their last hope, or else their entire lives will fall apart. If the sharks like an idea they will invests their own money for a certain amount of equity in that person's company. That money and expertise from the sharks has saved many people's businesses and has kept the American dream alive, while making the entrepreneur very wealthy. Helping people is just one reason why Shark Tank is such a great show.

Another reason why Shark Tank is such a great show is because of how entertaining it is to watch. Not only do viewers love hearing new ideas and inventions, but they also love watching the sharks fight each other to get a deal. There are many moments in the “tank” when the sharks act very nasty towards each other and scream unkind words. One of my favorite sharks is Kevin O’Leary. He has a very unique personality and is known for being rude and mean to his fellow sharks and the aspiring entrepreneurs. He has a famous catchphrase, “You're dead to me!” which he uses after hearing something he doesn’t like from the person pitching their product. As you can imagine many people love watching the sharks verbally “bully” aspiring entrepreneurs whose product is useless or has been done before.. I know that one of the main reasons that I tune in every week is because of the great enjoyment I get out of watching the sharks go at it, fighting for a chance to invest in a company that could get them millions overnight.

Lastly, I believe that Shark Tank should be more appreciated because of how inspiring it is. Every episode, they always show a clip of how a business is doing after they have been on Shark Tank. Many of the people who have got an investment from the sharks have turned into millionaires and are very successful. Even the people who don’t reach a deal are usually doing weal, due to the publicity they get from national television. Another reason why Shark Tank is so inspiring is because of how emotional entrepreneurs get after reaching a deal with the sharks. For many people entering the tank they have invested so much of their time and money into their business that they are going bankrupt and barely have enough money to get by. The best part of the show is when an entrepreneur gets a deal with the sharks and then their eyes start to water because they know that all the hard work and time they have put into their company has finally paid off and they know that the American dream is still alive.

Overall, I do believe that Shark Tank is a very popular show and many people know about it, but I feel that it deserves much more credit than it receives. Some people think its just a bunch of greedy millionaires who just want more money, but they are completely wrong. The sharks give so many people opportunities they wouldn’t have had without them. I truly think that Shark Tank is one of the greatest shows of our generation and should be much more appreciated due to the fact that it helps hundreds of people, is unbelievably entertaining, and is very inspiring.

Over the last couple of months I have been inspired by the show Shark Tank. In this article I talk about my opinions of the show and  why I believe it to be one of the greatest shows currently on television.

on Jan. 12 2015 at 11:12 am
Thefanatasticagirlie101 SILVER, Euless, Texas

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our mind. That's what I hope to give you forever." ~The Notebook

I love this show so much. My fav. character is Mark Cubin. Great review overall, keep on writing dude.