Constantine Season 1 | Teen Ink

Constantine Season 1

By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other

My TV Series Review: Constantine Season 1 Episode 7

As the title suggests, "Blessed Are The Damned" is compelling, gory and more closer to the source material. Since episode 4, the series has been hitting on the right points, this one does not shy away.

The episode kicks off and introduces us to Pastor Zachary, a mysterious character who has the ability to heal people from any of their illness. Constantine and Zed suspects it's not just some blessing from God, it's something more darker.

Like the past few episodes, the episode grabs your attention from start and holds it until the very end. Constantine and Zed did remarkable as always, both the acting and dialogue were great throughout the episode. Manny also was surprisingly entertaining in the episode as well, he was developed well and his character won't be put to waste and will be in more significant future roles. The visuals got even better and were certain to show gory images right into our screens in order to satisfy us.

I'm glad that they took into an even more darker tone than the episodes from the beginning because it captures the Hellblazer comics and Constantine's whole character.

The episode also plays very smart with scenes that will keep you guessing and intrigued. All these leading to the final act was totally an entertaining watch. If this quality resumes until the 13th episode, this show better not stop. If it continues to intrigue us from start to end then this has a chance to top shows like Flash, Arrow and Gotham. If they continue to get notes from the source material, then this show has a great chance of rising to more heights.

+An episode that gets your attention from start to end

+Great characters

+Great Dialogue

+Gory Visuals

+Getting closer to the source material

This show better not cancel anytime

Verdict: 9.2/10