Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles | Teen Ink

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles MAG

January 11, 2009
By Anonymous

“The Sarah Connor Chronicles” brings a whole new angle to the popular Terminator movies, showing you what Sarah and her son, John Connor, the future leader of mankind, endure every day to survive. Mother and son must fight the Terminators sent from the future to kill John; their mission is to prevent him from leading the human resistance against the machines in the post-Judgment Day world.

Fighting alongside this duo are Cameron – a Terminator who was sent to protect John – and his resistance fighter uncle, Derek, both of whom won't let anything get in their way.

The acting in this TV ­series is phenomenal, drawing the viewer in so deeply that it's hard to pull yourself away at the end of the episode. Thomas Dekker does a great job in his angst-ridden portrayal of John, who wishes for a normal life and to escape his future fate. Lena Headey is awesome in Sarah's role of a fighter and a mother who loves her son more than anything. Their relationship is strained when she must make tough ­decisions that her son doesn't agree with. It's moving, tuning in week after week and seeing their struggle to survive and their attempts to be like a ­normal family when they most definitely are not.

Each episode is action-packed and filled with character development that sheds new light on someone's past, or in some cases, future. New plot twists are constantly thrown in, keeping the viewer intrigued and preventing predictability from ensnaring the show.

All in all, it's definitely a TV show worth watching week ­after week, to see what will be thrown at the characters and whether they will finally bring Skynet down and ensure the continuation of humankind. Tune in to the Connors' battle against the machines and you will find a show you won't be able to turn away from.