Degrassi:The Next Generation

“Degrassi: The Next Generation” is a teenage show filled with the most drastic and dramatic situations. It’s about the lives of students at Degrassi Community School. It discusses issues such as rape, homosexuality, bullying, school violence, religion, relationships, teenage pregnancy, abortion, mental disorders, cutting, and more. This show is timely for teenagers because it talks about the events that can occur while in high school that teens can relate to.
The main characters include Paige, Manny, Marco, Ellie, Ashley, Jimmy, Sean, Spinner, Jay, Craig, Emma, Liberty, J.T., Toby, and Hazel. This show is all about the challenges that many teens face during the four years of high school. Teens would find it comforting to watching a show that discusses whatever it is they might be going through. Degrassi is funny, sad, emotional, heartfelt, and real.

The show is awesome, but I think it’s the actors that make it so realistic. Miriam McDonald, Cassie Steele, Lauren Collins, Aubrey Graham, and all the other actors really get into character and draw you into the show. The setting is at the school where you see the characters tackle everything that comes their way. The situations they get into are things that any teens can find themselves facing and they show you how to handle being in it. You get to see the teens grow and change as they get older. It walks you through the things they face in high school and then it shows you what they face when they get out.

It’s not just the dramatic situations you see the Degrassi characters get in that draws you into the show. It is also the heartwarming and emotional moments that brings you in as well and keeps you wanting more. Degrassi is the perfect show for teenswho loves jaw dropping outrageous drama and side splitting comedy all wrapped up in one show. Teens should explore the many emotions this show has to offer. Degrassi is true to it’s slogan because it most definitely goes there.

Neyat Y. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Love this show so much, I have stuck with it for years! Now I'm trying to adjust to the new characters and plots, which are fine, but I can't help but miss the oldies! But I guess that's what re-runs are for, right? Well, very nice article! :D

aamber said...
May 1, 2009 at 7:12 pm:
Degrassi USED to be a good show.
But now it has dwindled down to nothing.

fire_ice4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 13, 2011 at 4:33 pm :

So, true!!! Degrassi used to be one of my favorites!!!

The second they killed J.T (R.I.P) and the Lakehurst kids moved in the show was ruined. I hate the new characters and the show has become another Gossip Girl

far.from.you. replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 1:18 pm :
So NOT true! have you seen the new Degrassi... Now or Never..? it is AMAZING!! i love the show so much. im actually watching it on teenick right now.

punksnowboarder said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:31 pm:
That was really good...... i love degrassi! Toby's still my favorite but on the new season connor is