The Walking Dead Season 5 | Teen Ink

The Walking Dead Season 5

By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other

"Coda" marks the mid season finale of this extravagant season from The Walking Dead. Does it pay off Surprisingly, it does what it intended to do leaving us with a satisfying enough episode.

The episode starts off where the previous episode left off and cuts the crap once more. They instantly show us the group coming back together again (as usual) because it's obviously a mid season finale. The more interesting story in the episode came from Beth, who was developed well in the past few episodes. She completely grown into a strong character and none of her past self showed up in this episode nor this season.

Then, there's Rick and his group who were willing to exchange the officers for Carol and Beth without any bloodshed. The episode did a great job of puzzling us whether the officers could be trusted or not. Rick and his group changed indeed for the better this season, they were ruthless, they were strong and they would never easily trust anyone any longer.

Since it was a mid season finale, it has to have a death, and the episode didn't fail to give us such a shocking moment. The episode may be weak when compared to last season's mid season finale which was a gut wrenching experience all though out. But this mid season finale delivered what it had needed and tied up the loose ends. It seems to me that this 1st half of Season 5 may be just a warm up for what's coming for the next half. The group is headed for Washington D.C. that was all audiences were left with, and I have a feeling the season will gain in quality and progress until the very end.

Overall, a nicely delivered episode with the right steps and a satisfying episode to keep us tight until February.

Season 5 is just warming up!

+Beth's character development,
+Do we trust the officers or not?,
+Rick and his group within this episode,
+A shocking end that will always stay with us.

Verdict: 8.6/10