Gothem | Teen Ink

Gothem

By purple-chip GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
purple-chip GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware

✿"Don't Follow Your Dreams; Chase Them."
✿"Everyday Is A Second Chance."
✿"You Aren't A Problem; You Just Have One."

This season’s newest show on FOX, “Gotham” follows the life of James Gordon as a young detective. Not only do the viewers get to see a young Bruce Wayne after he watches his parents murder by a random person off the street, who’s identity is not yet revealed, we get to see all the other Batman favorites. Selena Kyle, also known as Catwoman. Is shown as a young homeless girl who gets by on picking pockets. She watches over Bruce after she saw the Wayne’s murdered.

We also see a fan favorite, The Penguin, working with the Falcon mafia. The Riddler, a medical examiner for the Gotham Police. You see Poison Ivy, a young girl with an abusive father.

Along with these old favorites, you get to see new favorites, like Fish Mooney and more.
My favorite part of the show is how committed Bruce Wayne is to the city and finding out who killed his parents. He regularly meets with Jim Gordon who acts almost like an older brother to the young child. With the protective aspect of Jim, Selena Kyle continues to make appearances and push the buttons of the young detective.
But Bruce’s struggles are not the only drama of the show. Jim Gordon, his partner is highly corrupt causing a struggle between the two. Jim is dragged into the underground system of Gotham’s underground, even though he is an honest man. The problems caused by this makes a hard strain between Jim’s soon to be wife and himself.

This show comes highly recommended to die hard Batman fans, like myself, who are dying to know more about the back story of Jim Gordon and his close relationship with The Bat.

Enjoy!