Smallville This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When it comes down to anything Superman-related, people are hesitant to check it out for fear of ruining the image they have of the ­original, but don't be too quick to write this off just yet. The television show “Smallville” takes you on a journey through the early years of Clark Kent, played by Tom Welling, when he was just a simple farm boy living at the Kent Farm in the remote town of Smallville, Kansas.

Producers Alfred Gough and Miles Millar do a fantastic job taking viewers through Clark's experiences as he learns to control his emerging powers, and his friendships with Lex Luthor and his love, Lana Lang.

Welling delivers a spot-on performance down to the physical and true essence of the young Clark. The show hits on the high and low points of Kent's life and illustrates how his experiences shaped him to become the “Man of Steel.”

Before actually watching “Smallville,” I was skeptical about the idea of a show based on Clark's early life. But from the moment I started watching, I was amazed at how well the producers captured how Clark felt knowing that he was not a normal person. I have dutifully continued to watch and managed to turn my family into fans as well. I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised at how compelling “Smallville” is.

BookFreak14 said...
Smallville Is the BEST!!!!!!!... my cusin told me about it and I checked it out and I fell in love with it when I finished watching the first episode on the first season!!!!

Caitlyn_ilovesoftball said...
I'm in love with SMALLVILLE!! Almost own every season up to date!! Clark, Lois, Chloe, Oliver (#1 hottie btw!)!! I can rewatch all the episodes and not get bored!! amazing!!

Mahajeth replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 7:07 am
I agree with you 100%. Smallville rocks and its episodes are worth watching over and over again. 

izzydog said...
Smallville rocks, i love is so much. i own all the seasons, and my favorite character is clark.the episode I like the most is extinct,when clark gets shot by a kriptonite bullet.

Angel4u said...
I loved Smallville better when Doom's day was in it.Don't know why he had to die ; him and jimmy.Anyways, can't wait to see the next series.

LilJ<3 said...
I absoulutely love smallville and Tom Welling...He is a great actor! Great Review

Lisa F. said...
I Love Smallville and not many people I know watch it anymore beside my sister and boyfriend. This piece was wonderful to read.