Being Human TV review | Teen Ink

Being Human TV review

April 17, 2014
By CF_TC98 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
CF_TC98 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Yoda- "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future."


Have you ever wanted to watch a TV show that's different? Then try watching the show Being Human. Its not like all the ordinary shows. It has a supernatural feel, meaning that there is vampires, werewolves, and ghosts. It was on Monday nights 9/8'c on the Syfy channel. Three roommates share a house and try to live a normal life despite being a werewolf, vampire, and a ghost. I’ll tell you how the drama, the comedy, and finally the theme that makes this show phenomenal.
When it comes to drama, Josh Levison(werewolf) is the one to start it. Being a werewolf isn’t easy, from what I’ve seen. He got scratched by one while camping with his friends. All of his friends were killed but he was the one who survived. He has never been the same. Every month he goes into the woods, or has to lock himself in a storage locker. He has to do this because he turns into the thing he dreads the most, the wolf. With the excruciating pain as he takes the form of the wolf. At first he seems all down and depressed. He’s kinda moody sometimes but especially during the day before the change. He hates himself for being the wolf and takes it as a burden. He thought that he had no chance of living a normal life, that all changed.
He meets a vampire named Aidan Waite. Aidan saves Josh’s neck behind the cafe and became best friends ever since. So they decide to rent a house and try to live like normal people. Being the fact that ones vampire and ones a werewolf. Aidan’s unique style makes him look intimidating, wearing a muscle shirt, a leather jacket, biker jeans, and some shades. Aidan has his slips, meaning draining innocent people when he can’t control his hunger. So saying this causes a lot of drama and Josh freaks out. Aidans slips for blood lust, this causes his fellow vampires to be the clean up crew. His father Bishop, runs Boston for the vampires. Aidan wants to become clean, so he try’s to limit his drinking. He try’s blood bags from the hospital, the place he and Josh work at as nurses. So putting his job on the line, he steals blood bags.
The show can make you laugh, with Aidan stealing blood bags or even Josh turning into a wolf. The cast Sally Malik(Meaghan Rath), Aidan Waite(Sam Witwer), Josh Levison(Sam Huntington), can make you laugh. When they first meet Sally; the ghost, its funny. I don’t want to ruin anything for you, so I am not going to try to spoil anything. Sally has lived at the house ever since she died. She was so happy when Josh and Aidan could see her. Through out the seasons, the actors have to improv. According to Sam Witwer they only get 2 or 3 shots so they have to be improving at times. They swear, they are like all young adults and mess with each other. Josh and Aidan are like brothers, so they always give each other crap and joke around at times. Sally practically being their sister, gives them both crap too. The theme makes the show the best.
Trying to be human and live a normal, human life. As you watch each season, the trio has to face some challenges. All these obstacles or bumps on the road include drama. So I hope the program creator(Toby Whithouse) could catch your eye and get you hooked. Its definitely not easy being a werewolf, a vampire, or a ghost. In this show you see a lot of things that go wrong. I think its kinda hard getting into this show, it was kinda confusing/weird at first. Trust me just keep on watching and you will like this drama compacted show. Living a normal life is hard being hard for what we are. Just think how hard it is for Josh, Aidan, and Sally. Even though they’re not necessarily human, they still try to be normal people and live their lives.
Being human was first aired on January 17, 2011 and that’s when those 3 characteristics started growing. That drama that viewers want to see. The situations you see Sally, Aidan, and Josh go through, just make me want to come and live with them. That comedy between the trio make you feel the bonding between them. With the theme “Being Human” sucked me in so bad, I just started binge watching on Netflix. So if you want to watch a different, cliff hanging, supernatural show, then this is the one to watch. Seeing that Being Human season 4 will be its last season, just makes me think of all the good memories while watching the show. It saddens me though, thinking Josh, Sam, and Sally won’t be on syfy anymore. Everyone has their problems, but in this show they’re just being human.