Weeds | Teen Ink

Weeds

By carlos dennis BRONZE, Elk Grove, California
carlos dennis BRONZE, Elk Grove, California

Have you ever sat and binge watched a show for an entire weekend? Well, then your in for a ride. This show was created by Jenji Kohan. This show explains how a mother tries to keep her family’s life style of spending money after her husband has died. Her name is Nancy Botwin and she sells weed. Nancy has 2 kids who both are boys. She’s a very attractive woman who is in her early 30’s I would say. Over the course of the show, she and her family become increasingly entangled in illegal activities. Weeds is a show that I learned how a family could come together after their father’s death. Or should I say a dysfunctional family. By the end of this paper I will have you in love with my favorite show weeds.

This show will sweep you off your feet after just watching just 3 minutes of the show. Jenji does a great job of keeping you on your toes when you are watching this movie. There will be an episode that seems so point less but the last minute of the show it will leave you speechless. I would even catch myself yelling at the TV! This show is so suspenseful I can’t go through a single episode without biting my nails. Be prepared for a thrill ride when you watch an episode!

Weeds might me about drugs and a lot of sexual content but you can learn a lot from this. It shows a mother trying to keep her 2 sons together. It shows the struggles of her trying to raise them. A parent can sit through an episode an, learn some different way of punishing their kids. Also there are a lot of examples in this show how the kids do whatever they want and how they lie to have their way. I even lie the same way as some Nancy’s kids.

I used to think if I ever lost a parent I would never really live life again. Or know what to do. But the mom does a great job of getting over her husband’s death by occupying herself. Her oldest son Silas was okay with the death he just continued on living. But her youngest son Shane was very hurt mentally by his dad’s death. Probably because he was on a jog with his dad then out of nowhere his dad falls to the ground and throws up a couple of time and dies right in front of his son. But they all came together and help their mom in her family business.

Nancy doesn’t just sell weed she, makes friends with some of the biggest drug lords in agrestic. She also is caught slipping when she sleeps with a DEA agent! Nancy Botwin is smart. Nancy is great at what she puts her mind to. Nancy lives to please her family. Nancy also is a fool for love. Nancy fell in “love” probably 3-4 times in the show. But watch out because her last 3 lovers all died.

From the show weeds you can learn a lot. It shows us so many life lessons. I honestly learned not to sell weed because I don’t got the time or patience for that stuff. Also I break under pressure. I can say this show will have you hooked right off the back. I would go through hell to get everyone to give weeds a shot. Have fun watching Nancy getting out of the dog house!

i did this for my english class. tell. tell e if you like it !