The Voice | Teen Ink

The Voice

By amanda10 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
amanda10 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

On April 26, 2011, televisions best singing competition began. This American version of The Voice in Holland is known as The Voice. Going on its fifth season, The Voice is definitely superior to other similar shows like America’s Got Talent or even American Idol. This fairly new show has revolutionized the way new talent is discovered. It is so popular that instead of just being aired in the spring, they have added a fall season too.

This T.V. series is popular because it allows artists of all ages a chance to showcase their voice without being judged on how they look. This occurs in the blind auditions in the first few episodes. Contestants are chosen solely on their voice and how they can involve the live audience. That is what makes this show so entertaining. As a viewer, you get to experience the variety of aspiring singers of all sorts of sounds and genres. Each has their own unique style and technique.

The Voice keeps its spectators on the edge of their seats. Once you get past the blind auditions then the battles begin. Coaches pair up similar artists where they compete to save their spot on the team. This is where viewers can start seeing a lot of growth in individuals and see who really wants to win. Just recently, the show has added a new twist where a coach can steal an artist and they will swap teams. This only adds to the surprise and excitement while watching.

This recent addition to television is excellent. Not only do we get to watch artists compete, but we get to follow them through their journey to success. We experience their progress and observe the various types of singers there are out there. There is never a dull moment when watching this show and it is motivating for anyone to pursue their dreams and passions. The Voice is definitely a series we should all tune into every Monday and Tuesday.