Once Upon A Time | Teen Ink

Once Upon A Time

By Samantha Short BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Samantha Short BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

Pop Culture Review

Once Upon a Time, created by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, is based off fairy tale stories. The setting is in a New England town, Storybrooke, where a woman, Emma
Swan (Jennifer Morrison), is to be believed to hold the power to break the curse set by the Evil Queen Regina (Lana Parrilla) upon the town. Their original home was in the Enchanted Forest, but after the curse, they were transported to the “real world” and have a lack of aging. The curse being broken restored their memory, but they are unable to return to the Enchanted Forest. The first two seasons are filled with heart-wrenching episodes, adventure, and drama.

This TV show gives one a different view on our childhood movies. Most have seen the Disney movies and are familiar with the plot, but this TV show takes on aspects not thought of. The plots may be similar but the meanings of the stories are completely different. I enjoy how one knows what might happen, but it still keeps you on the edge of your seat. The comedy lightens the mood while the drama keeps one entertained.

This October of 2013, the producers have come out with the third season for Once Upon a Time. It airs every Sunday night on ABC. If wanting to know a specific time for your region, a TV guide will be helpful. I recommend whoever enjoys drama, mystery, adventure, and fairy tales to watch it. I promise you will not regret it; once one starts it, one will be coming back every season to watch it.