Bob's Burgers This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Having to rebuild and re-root their burger restaurant after yet another failed attempt to get it up and going, Bob’s Burgers follows the Belcher family in their pursuit to make their food joint thrive. Though the Belchers are quite misfortunate, their troubles are portrayed in a comedic, relatable way that makes Bob’s Burgers such an interesting and worthwhile show for nearly all ages. It is comical how different each member of the family is, but how being related makes them all oddly similar. Although Bob’s Burgers is primarily an animated comedy, real- life lessons about friends, family, love, and money can be extracted from each thirty minute episode in a witty, entertaining style.

The show centers around all 5 of the Belchers; Bob (voiced by H. Jon Benjamin), Linda (voiced by John Roberts), Tina (voiced by Dan Mintz), Gene (voiced by Eugene Mirman), and Louise (voiced by Kristen Scaal). Bob plays the part of the easily-aggravated father who would do anything to support his family. Linda is the obnoxiously optimistic, yet lovable, wife and mother. Tina, the eldest child of the family at 13 years old, is hilariously awkward and obsessed with horses as well as writing what she refers to as “friend fiction.” Gene is the second oldest child at 11 years old, and is also the only boy. He has an odd interest in musical instruments, though his talents are extremely limited. The youngest of the family at just 9 years old is pink- bunny-hat-wearing Louise Belcher, whose traits include being witty, sarcastic, and scheming.

Although the cast of characters might sound promising, a common problem with trying to persuade someone to watch a show is that they fear it might take a long time to catch up. However, Bob’s Burgers does not follow just one storyline in which someone must watch every single episode to understand the plot; each episode is completely unrelated, with the exception of on-going conflicts with minor characters. This means anyone could watch the show whenever they’d like and not get lost.

The animated sitcom was created by Loren Bouchard and premiered on the Fox Network on January 9th, 2013. The aired pilot, “Human Flesh,” raked in an audience of over 9 million viewers, and has been renewed for a fourth season consisting of at least 22 episodes. It premiered September 29th, 2013 and is set to end on an undetermined date in 2014. Rumors of it being renewed for a fifth season have been emerging lately as well.

Bob’s Burgers has been nominated for two Teen Choice Awards, one Primetime Emmy Award, as well as a Critics Choice Award. It is predicted that the show will be nominated for more awards in the future. What makes this show so brilliant is that nearly everyone can relate; fathers, mothers, teenagers, younger children, older people, and so many more. No matter who you are, you can gain something out of it. And that’s the beauty of it.