Bob’s Burgers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Bob's Burgers” follows the Belcher family as they struggle to make their food joint thrive. Though the Belchers are pretty unfortunate, their troubles are portrayed in a comedic, relatable way that makes this an interesting show for all ages. Although “Bob's Burgers” is an animated comedy, real-life lessons about friends, family, love, and money are presented in each witty, entertaining episode.

The show centers around the Belcher family as they try to rebuild their restaurant after many failed attempts. Bob (H. Jon Benjamin) is an easily aggravated father who will do anything to support his family. His wife, Linda (John Roberts), is obnoxiously optimistic, yet lovable. Tina (Dan Mintz), their eldest child, is hilariously awkward and obsessed with horses and writing what she calls “friend fiction.” Gene (Eugene Mirman), the only son, loves musical instruments, though his talents are limited. The youngest is bunny-hat-wearing Louise (Kristen Schaal), who is witty and scheming.

Although the characters might sound promising, a common problem with trying to persuade someone to watch a show is that they worry it might be hard to catch up with the plot. However, “Bob's Burgers” is not a show that you need to watch faithfully; each episode can stand alone.

Created by Loren Bouchard, this show premiered on the Fox Network. Recently it was renewed for a fifth season.