Twisted | Teen Ink

Twisted MAG

By myselfandi614 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
myselfandi614 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

One moment Danny Desai is an innocent, loving
11-year-old, and the next he is known as the boy who murdered his aunt. Five years later, he steps into Green Grove High and suddenly silence lingers in the room and everyone's eyes are on him.

Steaming with emotional scenes and a ground-breaking plot, “Twisted” is a puzzle you are constantly trying to solve. This killer hit drama will lead you on a mysterious trail filled with suspense and surprising twists and turns that will leave you hungry for more.

This ABC Family series ­focuses on a young teenager trying to rebuild his life after being released from a juvenile detention center. However, a startling incident happens and he's named a prime suspect in yet another crime, so clearly it isn't easy for people to trust him. Set in Green Grove, New York, this show is packed with powerful characters, a dramatic plot, and shockers that will throw you off completely.

Danny Desai (Avan Jogia) is a charming 16-year-old who is thought of by most as a sociopath. Although he may seem to have a positive attitude and an amiable smile, behind that mask are secrets that he isn't ready to reveal. For instance, in the first episode, he defends his friend when a male classmate pushes her. What Danny whispers to the bully is unknown to us, however, whatever he says is bad enough to make him stop. There is much that people don't know, but soon his mysteries will be ­unlocked.

Jo Masterson (Maddie Hasson) is Danny's best friend who at first views him as a monster but over time learns to trust him. She is a strong-willed, sensitive girl who isn't popular. Her only other friend is Rico (Ashton Moio), a quirky, awkward kid who has feelings for Jo. Lacey Porter (Kylie Bunbury) was Jo's and Danny's best friend during childhood, but becomes a pretty, assertive girl who rises to the top of the social ladder in their high school. Danny's mother, Karen (Denise Richards), also plays a major role. She is a stunning young mom who used to be the queen of Green Grove, but now that everyone shuns her and Danny, she still holds her head high and remains by her son's side.

The show has a dark, spine-tingling atmosphere. At the end of each show, a clue is revealed, adding to the mystery. The script is riveting.

The actors are very skilled and eloquent in demonstrating actions and feelings. Danny stays true to his quiet character, while Jo and Lacey ­wonderfully express their ­emotions, making it easy to empathize with them.

Through the heartfelt scripts, unpredictable plot, and highly effective characters, “Twisted” has been nominated for two Teen Choice Awards after only one unforgettable season. You will be instantly absorbed in the twisted mystery and be transformed into a detective chasing real monsters. But ­remember, no one can be trusted.

thank you!

Hanna.A SILVER said...
Hanna.A SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
I watch this show too and I completely agree with your positive reaction to it!