T.V. Show Review : Ridiculousness | Teen Ink

T.V. Show Review : Ridiculousness

September 23, 2013
By callme_antionette BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
callme_antionette BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Ridiculousness

As a teen , we all have that one friend that is clumsier than the rest. We enjoy seeing that particular person fall and not be hurt. Laughing when they start laughing , and reminiscing on the time when Suzy Ann decided that she was going to wear heels to school to impress Jonathan. Long story short Sally Ann went home with a broken heel , a busted lip and a bad case of bruised pride.


The Fantasy Factory’s Rob Dyrdek must have enjoyed these special moments of bonding … because now he hosts a show similar to America’s Funniest Home Videos, Tosh.0, and Web Soup. His two co-host Sterling (Steelo-O) Brim. and Chanel West Coast must also enjoy these moments, those three are joined by celebrity guest stars like multi-millionaire athlete Floyd Mayweather, Sara Jean Underwood, Ray J, Justin Beiber, Ryan Sheckler, and more.

The comedy clip show begun was first aired on August 29th , 2011 and is now on it’s third season. It’s rate is TV-14 because there is some strong language and violence. After playing the video’s Rob , Steelo , and Chanel laugh and comment on things seen in the video. But even though the show is compared to AFHV (America’s Funniest Home Video’s they do not accept video’s submitted by people performing dangerous stunts. Whereas AFHV takes video’s sent in by viewers for a chance to win a cash prize.

The show has gotten mixed opinions, some people like the show others do not. I myself feel like the show is great if your bored and flicking through the channels. But knowing what MTV used to be, the show is a huge disappointment. Us teens miss MTV Cribs, Yo MTV Raps, and Wild n Out; when you get to see how you favorite celebrities live. I for one enjoy the show it’s just that I don’t make sure all my homework is done so I wont feel guilty that I’m watching my most favorite show of all times. The show has laughs to offer, if your ever feeling down I would suggest the episode with Tyler The Creator and “Taco” as a pick me up.

Rob Dyrdek hosts a great show, but some viewers may deem that his categorize are sometimes a bit racist such as “Red Neck Good Times”, bias, or not humorous on any level. And sometimes his abd his co-hosts choices in video’s and comments aren't funny at all. But because I’m a complete cornball I will laugh just because. So if you are anything like me, sometimes you don’t really know how your feeling and you just want to laugh … Give Ridiculousness a chance !!!