Arrow | Teen Ink

Arrow

By Parth007 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Parth007 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

IF IT DOESN'T CHALLENGE YOU IT DOESN'T CHANGE YOU

Arrow
“Arrow”, it sounds like a weapon, but according to this show it symbolizes the protagonist as a perfectionist and a person who is known to shoot or nearly shoot arrows in a bull’s eye. Last weekend I was surfing on the web and unearthed a trailer for this series on You Tube. First impression by reading the name attracted me and after watching the video it actually amazed me with its remarkable anxious scene in the start and mostly the action scene of bouncing the tennis ball in the air and targeting them on the wall, the main character shooting arrows and nailing them on the wall before they stop bouncing. That created an immense temptation to watch it.
I loved watching Robin Hood and Batman back in the days and this show was much the same, but the story of the protagonist in this series was different in the beginning. Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) who is known as the “the Green Arrow” is shown as a rich billionaire that was a playboy in the start, who, after getting deserted on a mysterious island for five interminable years, returns back home. He avenges for the crimes and assassinates the corrupted people, which his dad Robert Queen who made him aware by giving him a book with a list of people who he thinks “failed the city” before he shot himself down on the island.
Oliver had changed himself to a completely assertive and agile character after what happened to him on the island which was what incite those changes to him. He was soon known to be a “secret vigilant” just like Batman and was based on a fictional hero, a warrior who is attired up kind of like Robin hood (all in green) and gets out of his secret lab to fight crime at the right time. As all action heroes have their own supernatural strength and weapons, he had some similar types of gadgets as Batman and a bow and arrow. The arrows he had where made of precocious technology; some contained bombs, nets, poisonous gases and microphones.
Everyone thought (His Mother, Step-Dad, Sister, His girlfriend and his best buddy) that he was back to his old life, but that was a ruse. He said that he lost his real identity of how he use to be before and said that “the day Oliver had died is the day something new was born” and gave himself a name based on his skill of archery “Arrow”. Later on, Arrow was accompanied by John Diggle (David Ramsey) who was his bodyguard before, as well as an exceptionally smart lady who worked in his company.
What might have turned up to him on the island was what everyone tried to figure out. What caused him to be very skilled at fighting compared to before, had been one of the appealing things that encouraged me to watch it. His mother (Moira) in the story has an ambivalent character which leaves Oliver questioned “What is she trying hiding from us?”
The series was been launched on a widely known American channel known as The CW Television Network. The season one had successfully completed and the second season is about to begin on 9th of October this year. Another thing considered about “Arrow” is that it may appear in DC Comic characters. This show may not appeal to those who are looking for humor, but these fictional characters and how he solves these crimes, how he figures things out, his personal life with his girl-friend and those thrilling action sequences makes this a show worth watching.

I watched this show an it inspired me a lot because I really love action sequences and I specifically chose this show cause it's an upcoming show that is kind of related to Batman and Robin Hood

on Oct. 4 2013 at 9:34 pm
Parth007 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Thank you Harry

harryA SILVER said...
on Oct. 4 2013 at 5:12 pm
harryA SILVER, Newport, Delaware
nice article