Sherlock

Story 10/10

Sherlock is a BBC modern-day dramatization of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s story, Sherlock Holmes. Taking place in London, England, this television show is about Sherlock Holmes’ “consulting detective assisting the police in solving various crimes. Sherlock’s flatmate, John Watson assists Sherlock in solving these crimes also. Taking a twist in the last episode of the first season, “The Great Game,” you’re introduced to a new character, Jim Moriarty.

Characters 10/10

This show’s main characters are, Sherlock Holmes, played by Benedict Cumberbatch, John Watson, played by Martin Freeman, and Jim Moriarty, played by Andrew Scott. Sherlock is consulting detective and a high functioning sociopath, said on the show. John Watson is a retired army doctor and Sherlock’s flatmate. Jim Moriarty is what Sherlock calls a consulting criminal. A consulting criminal is someone people come to when they need a crime taken care of. Moriarty’s goal is to watch Sherlock work, and ruin his life.

Casting 10/10

The casting of this show was great. Benedict Cumberbatch played an ingenious Sherlock Holmes and, in my opinion, captured the character better than any other Sherlock before him. Benedict Cumberbatch has actually been named greatest ever on-screen Sherlock Holmes. On the poll for Digital Spy, Cumberbatch won 58% of the vote. Making him number one out of the five contestants. Martin Freeman played an extremely convincing John Watson. In the last episode, “Reichenbach Fall,” Martin’s performance was phenomenal, it brought me to tears. I can’t give away what happened, you have to watch the show to figure it out. Andrew Scott’s portrayal of Moriarty was astounding and chilled me to the bone. Being the big sweetheart Andrew Scott is you’d find it hard to believe he could play such an evil man.

Episodes 8/10

There are two seasons of Sherlock. Season one includes the shows: “A Study in Pink,” “Blind Banker,” and “The Great Game.” In the second season the episodes are: “A Scandal in Belgravia,” “The Hounds of Baskerville,” and “Reichenbach Fall.” My favorite episode of Sherlock is “The Great Game.” I like this episode because it shows amazing character development and the story of this episode is truly intriguing. You are brought into how deeply Sherlock cares about John because of simply how he acted towards him during a big dilemma they were faced with. A few points in the episode lost me but I quickly caught up to what was going on.

Enjoyment 10/10

I loved this show, and I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for the third season. The characters made a huge impression on me, and I doubt I’ll forget them anytime soon.

Overall 9/10

The story was amazing. It had a great amount of cliffhangers that kept me guessing to the very end. Although, my mind is still ringing with questions, even now. I would recommend this show to anyone who enjoys drama and or detective genres.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

OakwoodCat said...
I agreed with every word you said.. and it was brilliantly written! Great Job! Keep Writing!!!