The Secret Life of an American Teenager

Although when I watched the first few episodes of this series I was ready to puke, this series has surprisingly surpassed my expectations.
The plot line is super cheesy and includes none of the humor Juno does. However, it is extremely informative and seems to serve more as an educational series rather than an entertaining one. It is a much better alternative than the poorly scripted videos that are seen in health classes all around the nation. Nevertheless, in my opinion, the environment of the school in the series seems to be heavily exaggerated as everything is centered around sex. True, some schools are like that but there is no need to emphasize that type of environment especially for educational purposes.
Overall, the blossoming relationship between Amy and Ben is touching and may occur in real life. Though it is annoying it is the selling point of the series: irrational 15 year olds in love despite everything. This series should definitely be praised for its sense of reality and judgment.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Medina D. said...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 3:18 pm:
well said, well said