The Walking Dead | Teen Ink

The Walking Dead

January 9, 2013
By Swiggidy_Swooty BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Swiggidy_Swooty BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Goud Est, Est. Whatever will be, will be.


An amazing story, chilling acting, and great affects wrap up into one of the most used cliché ideas of our time; zombies! The Walking Dead, AMC’s hit series, has taken control as one of the most watched shows on television. The show deserves this too, with its comic inspired story that keeps you interested and its movie inspired filming that leaves you clawing for more. Though many may feel that the zombie story is one over-used, The Walking Dead has changed from the usual, making zombies the least of anyone’s’ problems. Hunger, bandits, and the twisted characters like the “Governor” and Shane are always a far larger looming issue than any brain-dead zombie. The story is well thought out and always seizes moments to make you either laugh or yell at the TV.

The show began with the main character Rick (a cop) to fend for himself after waking up from a coma two weeks after the zombie infection. His wife and son find themselves relying on Ricks partner Shane to keep them alive. From the beginning, the show really grows with you with its characters and when people die it hits you like a ton of bricks. Now in it’s third season, The Walking Dead has an advanced story with deep connections with all of the characters alive. As the new season moves forward, mysteries and enemies grow for those watching to find out. What’s in the prison? When will Rick’s wife have her baby? What’s moving in the Governor’s closet?

The Walking Dead in best words is a fantastic movie chopped up into episodes. I recommend it to those who enjoy horror, mystery, or a great story. This is the best show on television so seek this show out. What are you waiting for? Grab the popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the living dead.


The author's comments:
I honestly love this show and I hope I inspire you to enjoy it as well!