Tanked | Teen Ink

Tanked

By limabean2240 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
limabean2240 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

Have you ever wanted a show where there’s comedy, animals, and projects? If you said yes to the above, then you are sure to bubble over the relatively new reality TV show, Tanked.

Tanked, which premiered on April 14, 2012, is a show on Animal Planet. Featuring a family business, Acrylic Tank Manufacturing (ATM), it reveals the adventures of Wayde King and Brett Raymer in their tank business. Wayde is the CEO of the company, and is all about getting his work done. However, he is still hilarious, often making bald and fat jokes about his brother-in-law, Brett. Unlike Wayde, Brett slacks off from his assignments and likes to fool around. His favorite phrase is "I have a vision..." Brett's visions usually seem absurd at first, but they turn out into amazing tanks in the end.

Wayde's wife (Brett's sister), Heather King, is also in on the business. She likes to yell at her husband and her brother after they do something stupid, like a prank. Agnes Wilczynski, the coordinator, is just one more person part of the team. She isn't family, but she's like the little sister to Wayde and Brett. Another important person is Robert Christlieb, also known as "Robbie Redneck"(he lives in a trailer behind the facility, like a real hillbilly!). He is my favorite character on the show since he is sarcastic and grouchy, but at the same time a brilliant marine technician.

The clients are usually rich and famous, but some are ordinary people you might find anywhere. One example of a celebrity who wanted a tank was Bart Scott, an NFL player who wanted a koi pond. Another is Tracy Morgan, a comedian who requested a shipwreck themed shark tank. Other clients might live far from the city of Las Vegas (where they work), such as New York and Florida.

One thing that makes Tanked my all-time favorite show is the comedy. Sometimes, I can't stop laughing, and I have to pause the program and take a break. Another feature is what one can learn. In each episode, they give you a trivia question about fish before a commercial. Also, I enjoy suspenseful parts of the show, whether it is they finish a tank on time or seeing if a client approves of the job. That brings up another part about Tanked that I find pleasure in: the tanks. It's fun to watch ATM reveal their breath-taking masterpieces. The tanks they have made range from working gumball machines to phone booths that look like they’ve been underwater for years. Their motto is, after all, "If you can dream it, we can build it."

If you don’t watch the show, I assure you-you’re missing out on something extremely entertaining. Dive in, and you'll drown in laughter (pun intended) while having a good time learning about fish species, too.