Everybody Loves Raymond

Personally, I believe one minute a year should be dedicated to the geniuses and heroes who blessed the world, and all future comedy, with this wonderful show. Take that minute right now before you continue reading.

There is nothing—no situation whatsoever—that Ray Romano and his group of comedians can’t turn into a hysterical episode. TVs have tried and tried to recreate the magic that blessed us for 9 incredible seasons, but nothing comes close.

Friends is okay, but watching it after an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond is like eating a chocolate chip cookie after a hot fudge soufflé. It’s just tasteless in comparison.

Seinfeld? They could take acting lessons from the Baron family for three years and not come anywhere close. You put Ray next to Jerry, and Ray could eat him for lunch and still go to his mother’s for lasagna.

The Big Bang Theory, with all its interesting characters, is cold and restrained. Watching Everybody Loves Raymond, I feel as though I know the characters as well as my family. Not that I’d want them to be my family, although if it’s a choice between Sheldon and the Barons…

Summing up the Tv series Everybody Loves Raymond in three words: This is comedy.

LadyWisdom98 said...
I totally agree! Everybody Loves Raymond is a classic! Honestly, in my opinion, some of the things that Ray and his family would argue about made no sense what-so-ever. (Remember the episode about the suitcase?) But at least (unlike most of the shows we have today) it was actually funny. The people they cast for the show were actual comedians, unlike the corny, untalented 20-something-year-old wannabes of today's entertainment. Even if the Barone f... (more »)