Everybody Loves Raymond | Teen Ink

Everybody Loves Raymond

February 20, 2012
By Sunshine15 PLATINUM, Modi&#39in, Other
Sunshine15 PLATINUM, Modi&#39in, Other
20 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, nothing else ever has. ~Margaret Mead


Personally, I believe one minute a year should be dedicated to the geniuses and heroes who blessed the world, and all future comedy, with this wonderful show. Take that minute right now before you continue reading.

There is nothing—no situation whatsoever—that Ray Romano and his group of comedians can’t turn into a hysterical episode. TVs have tried and tried to recreate the magic that blessed us for 9 incredible seasons, but nothing comes close.

Friends is okay, but watching it after an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond is like eating a chocolate chip cookie after a hot fudge soufflé. It’s just tasteless in comparison.

Seinfeld? They could take acting lessons from the Baron family for three years and not come anywhere close. You put Ray next to Jerry, and Ray could eat him for lunch and still go to his mother’s for lasagna.

The Big Bang Theory, with all its interesting characters, is cold and restrained. Watching Everybody Loves Raymond, I feel as though I know the characters as well as my family. Not that I’d want them to be my family, although if it’s a choice between Sheldon and the Barons…

Summing up the Tv series Everybody Loves Raymond in three words: This is comedy.


The author's comments:
If I had three thumbs, I'd put them all up. As it is, I only have two and that's just not enough for this out-of-this-world series.