Criminal Minds | Teen Ink

Criminal Minds

Welcome everyone today is September 22, 2005 and is the premiere show of Criminal Minds. There’s mystery, thriller, police procedural and most of all drama. Truly a T.V. show with action, humor, suspense and without any perplexity. “Criminal Minds” follows a team of profilers from the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU). The base is in Quantico, Virginia and the characters really focus on the criminal of the crime then the crime itself. This show is produced by The Mark Gordon Company.
Many, actually all the characters are unique in a way. Some are very intelligent just like Spencer Reid and some have crazy backgrounds like Penelope Garcia. Aaron Hotchner (who is played by Thomas Gibson) has been on the show every since season one to present day. He is the Unit Chief of the BAU and most of the time he is a serious leader. He is lacking work/ life balance and also has to be a single dad because a crazy serial killer called “The Reaper” murdered his wife.
Derek Morgan (Shemar Moore) also has been on the show ever since season 1 to present day. He is a Senior Supervisory Special Agent/ Tactical Trainer that has a great sense of humor and that really cares for the victims. He was raised by a single mother and was mentored by a man who was later arrested for child molestation.
Spencer Ried (Matthew Gray Gubler) has been on the show ever since season one to present day. He has an IQ of 187 and graduated from Las Vegas high school at age 12. He holds 3 PhDs, 2BAs, and is working on his third BA. Spencer Ried has an eidetic memory and is very strict about people calling him Doctor Ried. He can read 20,000 words per minute, but his mother suffers from schizophrenia and is in a mental institution.
Penelope Garcia (Kirsten Vangsness) was also shown since season one to present day. She is a Technical Analyst/Media Director, so she works very well on computers. Penelope Garcia got her job by hacking into the FBI and so the FBI wanted her to work for them instead of putting her in jail, so she can’t waste her talent. Her parents died in a car crash while they were looking for her when she was a teen.
Emily Prentiss (Paget Brewster) has been on the show ever since season two to present day. She is a Supervisory Special Agent and daughter of the Ambassador Elizabeth Prentiss. She can speak many languages like Arabic, Spanish and is working on Italian. She lost comprehension in her own language, Russian, after she was sent out of Russia.
There are some other characters in the BAU like David Rossi (played by Joe Mantega), Jason Gideon (Mandy Patinkin), Ashley Seaver (Rachel Nichols), Jennifer “JJ” Jareau (AJ Cook), and Elle Greenaway (Lola Glaudini). When you watch each particular character you would be amazed of how unique they are and how great the team is.
I cannot say anything bad about Criminal Minds because I truly believe that everything is just perfect for an example: the characters are wonderful and the show is very unpredictable. Compare to other popular show with the same genre like “Law and Order”, I think Criminal Minds takes the cake.