Adventure Time with Finn and Jake | Teen Ink

Adventure Time with Finn and Jake

October 12, 2011
By katiee17 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
katiee17 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

“Adventure time! Come on, grab your friends, we’ll go to very distant lands. With Jake the Dog and Finn the Human, the fun will never end, it’s adventure time!” That’s the theme song for the show Adventure Time with Finn and Jake, (more commonly known as Adventure Time), which is written by Pendleton Ward and is currently running on the TV channel Cartoon Network. Filled with fun, animated characters with their own unique personalities and abilities, this show will never fail to amuse any viewer, no matter what age.

Taking place in “The Land of Ooo,” two characters, Jake the dog, voiced by John DiMaggio, and Finn the human, voiced by Zach Shada, go on countless adventures each day. Jake has a power that lets him become almost any shape or size. Finn has a burning desire in his heart to fight evil and save the day. The two best friends combine to create a seemingly indestructible force which will always succeed when adventuring, whether they are battling their way to a sacred book, titled The Enchiridion, which will prove them true warriors, or simply pulling pranks on an annoying king to scare him away from his throne. At the end of each episode, you will most likely find yourself wanting to watch another one.

Along the way, Finn and Jake meet many new people, like Princess Bonnibelle Bubblegum, voiced by Paige Moss, who is a mix of pink bubble gum and human DNA. She’s the princess of the Candy Kingdom, who’s inhabitants are magical talking candies. They have also met the Ice King, voiced by John Kassir, who is the main antagonist of the series. He mostly spends his time capturing princesses, such as Lumpy Space Princess, voiced by Pendelton Ward himself, and forcing them to become his wives. Luckily, Finn and Jake always come in and save the princesses in need. There is also Marceline the Vampire Queen, voiced by Olivia Olson, who is a 1,000 year old vampire. Opposed to drinking blood, she instead prefers “shades of red” but is still affected negatively by sunlight and is able to transform into a bat, like the normal vampire.

Adventure Time has been nominated for several awards, such as the 2010 and 2011 Annie Awards’ ‘Best Nominated Short Subject,’ and the 2010 and 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards for the ‘Outstanding Short-format Animated Program.’

Adventure Time is a humorous, although it is meant for kids from the ages 9-12, this show is enticing for viewers of all ages. It will always have you laughing while watching Jake and Finn find ways to solve the day’s problem. Even if it seems impossible, the two best friends will surely come up with a way to succeed, which will always leave you with a smile on your face.