Criminal Minds | Teen Ink

Criminal Minds

October 3, 2011
By winonapaez BRONZE, Miami Beach, Florida
winonapaez BRONZE, Miami Beach, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Six years and seven seasons ago, on September 22, 2005, the hit police procedural drama, Criminal Minds, aired on CBS. The series portrays a team of six criminal profilers that work for the FBI’s behavioral analysis unit (BAU) which consists of Thomas Gibson as Aaron Hotchner “Hotch”, the unit chief, Shemar Moore as supervisory special agent Derek Morgan, Matthew Gray Gubler as supervisory special agent Spencer Reid, Kristen Vangsness as technical analyst Penelope Garcia, Paget Brewster as supervisory special agent Emily Prentiss, and Joe Mantegna as senior supervisory special agent David Rossi. As crimes of all sorts unfold across the nation the team accumulates facts and physicological evidence to form a portfolio of their murderer, or as the team refers to he or she, the un-sub.
Criminal minds is unlike any other action packed television show in that the main focus is on the criminal as opposed to the crime. The court trials and forensic lab examinations are left out. The main idea of the 138 episodes aired to date has always been how the BAU can put together evidence to get inside the criminals mind and in a sense understand he or she better than anyone else. More often than not the one-hour episodes are thought to occur over a three-day time span. The short amount of time this team has to acquaint themselves with a criminal they have never met is what has become the unique idea that sets each episode apart from anything else, and no two episodes are remotely alike.
Overall I salute the creator of this nail biting, chair-rocking television show, Jeff Davis, for having thought of a conceptual idea that enlightens homes all over the United States with suspense and thrill, as well as faith in the FBI’s ability. After having won the ASCAP Award three years in a row, the BMI TV Music Award two years in a row, two Emmy nominations, a nomination for the Golden Reel Award, as well as nominations for the People’s Choice Awards and the Your Artist Award I am certain that this show will continue airing for many years to come and it will continue accompanying viewers for six more wonderful years.