Falling Skies | Teen Ink

Falling Skies

By JezzaRae BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania
JezzaRae BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania

"Guided by the Lonely Star,
Byond the utmost harbor-bar,
I'll find the heavens fair and free,
and beaches of the Starlit Sea."
- J.R.R Tolkien

What has the entertainment world come to? I keep trying to find new shows to watch and yet none of them are actually that good. If you really think about it most of them are either cop shows or annoying reality TV shows. So it seemed like fate when (on my birthday) I turned on the TV and I found the most amazing show since Lost. Falling Skies, in my opinion, is one of the best shows TV entertainment has to offer. The first episode starts off with a son and his father running from aliens. I know it already sounds weird and boring. But it isn’t – trust me. That father I was talking about is named Tom Mason and he has three sons. Before the alien invasion he was happily married but it is now 6 months later and the aliens have killed his wife and stole his son Ben. For a reason we don’t really know yet, the aliens have been killing all adults and making their children slaves. Tom Mason and his two sons, Hal and Matt, have joined a resistance called the second mass (for Massachusetts). There is around 200-300 people and they all live in a school and try to survive each day. Tom Mason has been searching for his son Ben for 6 months now and finally Hal has spotted him. But he has a harness on his back like all the other children and is being controlled by the aliens (which the second mass now calls “skitters”.) They have tried to take off these harnesses but it kills the children every time. What was Tom to do? This show is very captivating and is very real. It’s not like “The Event” or “Flash-forward” like everyone thinks. This show is actually very good and I would recommend it to anyone who is Steven Spielberg fans. It’s kind of like “War of the Worlds” too but it shows how human kind isn’t so easy to get rid of. It shows problems and love and sacrifices everyone has to make. Each episode kept me captivated and makes me want more. It was so worth watching and the season finale was so surprising and enjoyable. It’s on its first season and the second will come out summer of 2012 and they have already started filming. Can’t wait!

alanclarke714 PLATINUM, Kuna, Idaho

"...All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

I disagree with your opinion on The Event; The Event was without a doubt one of the best and well-made TV series' of all time, and it got canceled