America's Next Top Model

“Want to be on top?” America’s Next Top Model (ANTM), started by model/celebrity Tyra Banks herself, is a competition where girls have a chance to follow their dreams of becoming a model. Throughout the competition, the girls have photo shoots and challenges to determine who will stay another week longer, and which girl’s dreams of becoming America’s Next Top Model ends. Each week the photo shoots are always different; one week they could be shooting in a barren desert, another week they could be shooting underwater with hundreds of fish. This is a lot of pressure on each of the girls because for many, this could be their big break that would get them in a good place in the modeling industry. The winner of the competition gets a contract with IMG Modeling Agency, a contract with Cover Girl, and will have the amazing opportunity to be on the very pages of Vogue Italia. To add to the pressure, the drama between the girls at home is immense; tension grows in the house as each weeks pass and as fewer girls are left. You will be intrigued by the fashion tips, amazing make up, and fabulous outfits the show has to offer. Not only will this show entertain you, but it will also inspire you to embrace your look and how unique it is. Some girls in the competition, like cycle 15’s winner Ann Ward, are very different and you could also say, awkward. The competition embraced the awkwardness of her look and she ended up winning. You, again specifically talking to the female watchers, will enjoy ANTM; full of fashion, glamour, beauty, and drama.

CassandraD said...
today at 7:32 pm:
I used to love watching ANTM, but over the years I found Tyra Banks a bit hypocritical. Her Tyra Banks show always influenced people to love their bodies. What I did notice was that girls who want to be part of the series they have to meet with certain requirements. I'm not blaming the media for anything; however, as some of us do know, young girls are driven by little things like this show. "It's perfection, or imperfection." 

VickyNickyKittyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really love this show.(-:  Great job!

TheWritingArtistThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Well I love ANTM! I don't really watch it season by season, but when there's a marathon on I will watch it for hours! Your article exhibits the show perfectly! 

KatsKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 9, 2012 at 8:29 pm:
Good article. I must say, I'm not a follower, but to me it seems rather barbaric, as it seems to contain a lot of catfights and girls being pressured to be perfect and pretty and thin and being judged. To each his own, though.

DarkIsThyThought said...
Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:36 am:
I am a closet ANTM fan, and I really enjoy the show. I only wish you could have stated some more facts...like how most have eating disorders, will starve them selves for days, and often do very disgusting and unprofessional things with employers to get the job. Just being honest

vanessasandra said...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 8:50 am:
Thank you! Yay! :) I'm glad you're enjoying the new season :-)

CrazyCow830 said...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 8:47 am:
This was really great! ^^ I'm watching the new season now and I'm loving the show! ^^

vanessasandra said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 2:33 am:
And I am super stoked for the new season to air too :-) even though I've already watched it online..:p

vanessasandra said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 2:32 am:
Thanks tips! I would have included the channels and show times but I lie in Asia and the new episodes of the show is not premiering here yet... :-)

Tuaglab8 said...
Aug. 25, 2011 at 6:41 am:
Great review! :D I'm really excited for the new season to come out!

MissBookWorm said...
I thought that this was exceptionally well-written and has a great description of this show. The only small thing that I would recommend for your great review is to add the show times of ANTM and the channel. :D

Haiagaivg785 said...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:30 am:
I love this so much! Good job!

jolly2398 said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 2:48 am:
This was really good! Great job! How do you become VIP by the way? 

tori26shippThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:13 pm :
Post a lot of comments and participate in the forums. Posting your own work helps too

amazinggirl929 said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 2:46 am:
This could have been more flowy, as in, it could have been smoother. Try to work on that. Good job, get better!

ajossi399 said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 2:44 am:
I really like this! Could have been more detailed and you could have included more interesting things that happened in the show- like traveling, for instance. But, this was really good. Keep writing!!

vanessasandra said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 2:36 am:
And yes, I agree. I should have built up the following sentences from the first quote I gave. Thx tips.

vanessasandra said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 2:35 am:
And thank you for the tips! I really appreciate it and I will use them to get better! 

vanessasandra said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 2:35 am:
Thank you! I am glad you guys liked it :)

ashf9229 said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 2:34 am:
The review was overall good, but it could be better. The first sentence was good, but I think the following sentences should have built up on the first quote you gave. Defenses were good, but could have been detailed a little bit more. Overall, it was good! Keep writing and you will get improve.