Castle | Teen Ink

Castle

July 12, 2011
By preciouspearl BRONZE, Multan, Other
preciouspearl BRONZE, Multan, Other
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
First impression is never the last impression


Castle is one of the most witty, brilliant and creative show of all times.
Castle is an American comedy show which follows Richard Castle, a famous mystery novelist who has killed off his main character in his book series and has writer's block. He is called in to help the NYPD solve a copy-cat murder based on one of his novels. Castle, who becomes interested in one of the detectives Kate Beckett as a potential character for a new book series, uses his connections at the mayor's office and receives permission to continue accompanying Beckett while investigating cases. Castle decides to use Beckett as the model for the main character of his next book series starring "Nikki Heat". Beckett, an avid reader of Castle's books, initially disapproves of having Castle shadow her on her cases, but later warms up and recognizes Castle as a useful resource in solving crimes. Many sparks of romance were ignited between Castle and Beckett in later episodes but since both were reluctant to admit their feelings it now remains a mystery that whether they'll actually get together or not. This is one of the things that keeps the people addicted to this show because they are all eager to see what will happen between the two of them. I guess we'd find that out in the later seasons.
The first episode of season one aired on 9 march 2009 on ABC and since then it has won many hearts and award nominations. Castle's third season ended in March 2011 and its fourth season will start in September when the first episode of season 4 will be aired. This reflects how popular this show is.
Nathan Fillion has played the character of Richard Castle the handsome, charming and best selling author in Castle and Stana Katic co stars as Katherine Beckett a tough female detective.
This is the best mystery killings solving show I have ever seen and I bet once you try it you'll love it too. The DVDs of its complete seasons are available in stores at a fairly reasonable amount. So if you're sick and tired of watching the same shows with repetitive stories Castle will surely get you off the hook.
Fun facts about Castle:
1. Castle is inspired by shows like “Rockford Files” & “Moonlighting” that are lighthearted with romantic tension and unlike the dark procedural prevalent today Castle invites the viewer to invest in the relationship of two people having fun together and engaging in witty banter.
2. Nathan Fillion was nominated for Satellite Award for Best Actor – Television Series Drama for his performance in Castle.
3. ABC is promoting the series by releasing the Richard Castle novels Heat Wave and Naked Heat online and worldwide in hardback. Castle was renewed for a fourth season on January 10, 2011.
4. He was also listed as one of Entertainment Weekly's "50 Actors We'd Watch in Anything." Sky TV has described him as "TV's Ultimate Cult Hero."
5. Stana Katic holds dual citizenship with Canada.
6. The first episode of Castle season 2 was watched by 14.5 million viewers.


The author's comments:
I love Castle. It's like the best T.V show I've seen so far. I hope after reading my article people will definitely give it a try and I'm sure no one will be disappointed.