Everybody Loves Raymond | Teen Ink

Everybody Loves Raymond MAG

By Kendall Rivers BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina
Kendall Rivers BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

In “Everybody Loves Raymond,” Ray Barone is a sports writer, family man, and the apparent favorite son of his parents. Ray's relationships with his wife, kids, brother, and mother and father play out in comedic ways while addressing serious real-life issues. The Barone family portray an extended Italian family in a show that has captured the interest of men, women, boys, and girls of all races, cultures, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Any family can relate to this one on some level. This is why I believe the show has been such a success for nine seasons.

For teens, this show demonstrates that two grown men can act like little boys, especially when their mother is involved. Siblings of all ages can argue, compete, and become jealous of each another, fighting for their parents' adoration.

But it really boils down to the truth that blood is thicker than water; before the show ends, despite the painful jokes, name-calling, and brawls over who is the most beloved son, the Barone brothers have nothing but love between them. That is why “Everybody Loves Raymond” is one of my favorite sitcoms.

on Dec. 28 2011 at 7:31 pm
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Yeah, I agree with you. I watch this show because I can relate to it, as I imagine other people do also. I do believe Everybody Loves Raymond has an interesting appeal that brings to attention people of both genders, races, classes, etc. Plus it's hilarious~

on Jun. 27 2011 at 6:10 pm
MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy SILVER, Chardon, Ohio

"One heartbeat."

"Our scars remind us of where we've been; they don't dictate where we're going."
-SSA David Rossi, Criminal Minds

sorry, wrong article

on Jun. 27 2011 at 6:09 pm

"One heartbeat."

-SSA David Rossi, Criminal Minds

I have a question: How did you find the exact picture you wanted for this article?