Chuck | Teen Ink

Chuck MAG

By Bea Ronan BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
Bea Ronan BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

“Chuck” is an intriguing NBC show about a normal guy (Zachary Levi) working a dead-end job at an electronics store. However, he is a genius. Knowing this, Bryce (Matthew Bomer), Chuck's former roommate, sends him an e-mail containing a stolen program that downloads the U.S. government's most confidential secrets into his brain. This turns Chuck into the government's most important asset. But Chuck is not an athlete or a spy, and is incapable of protecting himself. This is where Agents Sarah Walker (Yvonne Strahovski) and John Casey (Adam Baldwin), two top spies, come in. Their mission is to protect him as he hunts down some of the world's most dangerous criminals and assassins.

“Chuck” is a perfect blend of charm, wit, plot twists, romance, and action, the exact recipe for an ideal television ­series. Its high-intensity action scenes give it the drama it needs, while characters like Chuck's dim-witted best friend, Morgan (Joshua Gomez), provide comic relief.

There is also a tangible chemistry between Chuck and Agent Walker, who struggle to keep their romantic feelings separate from their professional relationship. Chuck and Sarah's undefined relationship keeps viewers hooked, while other story lines, like the various returns of Bryce, have the same effect.

No good crime-fighting team is complete without muscle, and in this case it's John, a tall, brawny agent who provides the show's exceptional, fast-paced action and fighting scenes. The trio mesh perfectly, and deliver a great show week after week.

Nothing can end a Monday for me better than curling up on the couch and indulging in my favorite TV show, “Chuck.”

on Jan. 10 2015 at 6:51 pm
SophieFloph PLATINUM, Seattle, Washington

"Her stomach did a revengeful flop."

I love this show! My only issue with it was the fifth season!