Jersey Shore and its Effect On Our Society | Teen Ink

Jersey Shore and its Effect On Our Society

March 11, 2011
By MyNameIsAlston SILVER, Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
MyNameIsAlston SILVER, Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
7 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return."


"Jersey Shore" is one of the most popular shows on the tube today. From its hilarious comedic quips, to its heart-stopping, edge-of-your-seat drama, it is a very well rounded show.
Its just one of those shows you happen to find yourself watching, and you love it.

Some people may say that "Oh, This show only enlarges the stereotypes against Italian-Americans". However, truth be told, it doesn't. The casts members of the show, (Vinny, Mike "The Situation, Niccole "Snooki" , Jenny "JWoww" , Sammi "Sweetheart" , Pauly D, Ronnie, And Deena), are only being themselves. Just because they choose to GTL (Gym Tan Laundry) every day shouldn't lead people to make generalizations about an entire race. What they do can only influence us. its up to us whether or not we live above the influence.

On a more positive note, "Jersey Shore" has brought lots of comedic material to our society. The "Grenade Whistle" has brought more popularity to Vuvuzela horns. The phrase "T-Shirt Time" and "Oh Yeah!" are also a part of the teenage social life. More slang words and phrases are introduced with every episode. It has greatly impacted teenage society as we know it

In the end, "Jersey Shore" is a great addition to our society and even though it may influence some viewers negatively, it's because they choose not to live above the influence.
Bravo "Jersey Shore", Bravo.


The author's comments:
In regard to my opinion about the show, i am a huge fan. However, i tried to be less biased in my article.