Jersey Shore and its Effect On Our Society | Teen Ink

Jersey Shore and its Effect On Our Society

By MyNameIsAlston SILVER, Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
MyNameIsAlston SILVER, Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina

"Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return."

"Jersey Shore" is one of the most popular shows on the tube today. From its hilarious comedic quips, to its heart-stopping, edge-of-your-seat drama, it is a very well rounded show.
Its just one of those shows you happen to find yourself watching, and you love it.

Some people may say that "Oh, This show only enlarges the stereotypes against Italian-Americans". However, truth be told, it doesn't. The casts members of the show, (Vinny, Mike "The Situation, Niccole "Snooki" , Jenny "JWoww" , Sammi "Sweetheart" , Pauly D, Ronnie, And Deena), are only being themselves. Just because they choose to GTL (Gym Tan Laundry) every day shouldn't lead people to make generalizations about an entire race. What they do can only influence us. its up to us whether or not we live above the influence.

On a more positive note, "Jersey Shore" has brought lots of comedic material to our society. The "Grenade Whistle" has brought more popularity to Vuvuzela horns. The phrase "T-Shirt Time" and "Oh Yeah!" are also a part of the teenage social life. More slang words and phrases are introduced with every episode. It has greatly impacted teenage society as we know it

In the end, "Jersey Shore" is a great addition to our society and even though it may influence some viewers negatively, it's because they choose not to live above the influence.
Bravo "Jersey Shore", Bravo.

In regard to my opinion about the show, i am a huge fan. However, i tried to be less biased in my article.

Aderes47 GOLD said...
on Sep. 11 2012 at 7:14 pm
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

Italians aren't a race, and Jersey Shore is a bad influence to society. 

on Apr. 16 2011 at 5:30 pm
Roseyalia SILVER, Don&#39t Need To Know, California

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black. Tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.

Although I disagree with your argument, you can write quite persuasively.  Your writing is very good.

JuStMe.DeZZi said...
on Apr. 5 2011 at 9:44 am
JuStMe.DeZZi, NA, Other
Awesome, I only saw one episode but just that gave me a huge confidence boost. I was worried about what people thought about me but after watching it I decided to cut back and be myself, who cares what other people think, as long as I'm okay with it is all that matters. This article is great because alot of people think Jersey Shore teaches bad morals, but if you have strong beliefs a show wouldn't change that. Great work.