American Idol | Teen Ink

American Idol

February 15, 2011
By LEEEEEEXIE BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey
LEEEEEEXIE BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."


American Idol is a reality television show, where ordinary people audition to become the next American Idol. There have been ten seasons of American Idol, and this year is the eleventh. There are three judges: Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez, and Randy Jackson. The judges decide whether or not they are a good enough singer to go to Hollywood. This TV show is about people who think that they could go to Hollywood and try to fulfill their dreams of being a famous singer.

The judges have to have a musical background in order to be a judge on the show. Steven Tyler is the lead singer of Aerosmith. Jennifer Lopez is a singer that was ranked 27th in the 2000-2010 decade, and lastly, Randy Jackson, is a music producer and a musician. Randy has been on American Idol since Season One but the other to are new this season.

At times the show can be heartbreaking, dramatic and funny. If someone in American Idol didn’t make it through they will get sad and some people get very dramatic. The funniest part of the show is when people sing so bad, the people in the audition think they have the best singing voice and it turns out to be awful, the judges give funny feedback.

When someone gets a yellow ticket, it means they were good enough to make it to Hollywood. When they go to Hollywood it means that the judges liked them and they’re one more step closer to being the next American Idol. Then at the end of the season, the two finalists compete and one of them becomes the new American Idol. This is the time they have to do well so that they can win. Overall, because of all the drama, this show is recommended for teenage children through adult. I would rate this show a 4.5 out of a 5.