American Idol: Season 10 | Teen Ink

American Idol: Season 10

January 24, 2011
By c_cole SILVER, Miami, Florida
c_cole SILVER, Miami, Florida
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

When Season 10 of 'American Idol' kicked off with its auditions on January 19, new 'Idol' judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler also premiered. Lopez and Tyler were previously given a lot of negative criticism following the controversies of the past judges' removals.
Regardless of the past, I sincerely believe that American Idol is better than ever. Lopez brings a freshness to the group that shows her talent as an artist and her love for the show, giving honest critique of the contestants (even though at first she couldn't say no).
Tyler is actually funny in his responses to the contestants. Both judges, with Randy Jackson, can actually find an amazing future superstar if they keep up with what they are doing, regardless of not having Simon Cowell around.
Even from the few audition episodes that have aired, I can tell my early favs. Like Travis Orlando, a homeless (and cute!) teen from the Bronx that wowed the judges with his rendition of "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. There were so many others after that, like the soulful outcast Brett Loewenstern, that really captured me and made me realize this season will be worth watching.