My Name is Earl | Teen Ink

My Name is Earl

January 9, 2011
By Tray96 BRONZE, Milton, Kentucky
Tray96 BRONZE, Milton, Kentucky
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." -Unknown


Karma is a funny thing
(A “ My Name is Earl” Review)


“ These people are crazy Earl. One guy told me he didn't believe in plastic. I've seen plastic,it exists! – Randy Hickey (played by Ethan Suplee). “ My Name is Earl has got to be one of my favorite television comedy's. Every night I try to stay up until 11 pm to watch this show, and then regret it the next day when I have to get up the following day at 6: 30 am for school. Most of the time the episodes are old ones but that doesn't stop me from watching them again and again. Almost everyday I find myself quoting Earl Hickey ( played by Jason Lee) or Randy Hickey. Some of my friends, when I them these quotes don't know what I am talking about, I just find myself laughing in my mind.

“ My Name is Earl” is based on the fact that if you do good things good things will happen to you( also known as karma). Earl Hickey made a list of all the bad things that he has done in his like and then try's to redress it. He got this idea by watching a episode of Carson Daily. He does this by going to the person on “the list” and then trying to see what he can do to make up for it. One day earl got a lottery ticket and won ten thousand dollars and uses it to pay for all the things he has to make up for.

Now, you would think that since Earl has done all these good things that now he is rich. Well, you thought wrong. Earl and his brother live in a hotel room in Camden County. Everyday Earl try's to figure out each day with number he is going to do on his list, so he usually goes to the Crab Shack where Earls buddy Crab-man( Darrell Turner/ Harry Monroe,Shhh!! don't tell know body I said that) who is in the witness protection program and is also married to Earl ex wife. You always know when Darnell is happy when he make lemon squares. Earl most the time cant figure out which number to do so he usually asked someone to pick one for him of he just closes his eyes and and randomly picks one.

He's just trying to make the world a better place.