Hawai'i Five-O (2010)

By , Pacifica, CA
The remake of Hawaii Five-O, originally aired in 1968, is a cop show set in Hawaii on the island of Oahu. Steve McGarrett (Alex O'Lauglin), a former navy SEAL, is sought out by the governor (Jean Smart) of Hawaii to form an elite task force to take care of the crimes that appear on the island. Steve's team includes Daniel "Danno" Williams (Scott Caan), a recently relocated cop from New Jersey to be close to his daughter, Chin Ho Kelly (Daniel Dae Kim), a former cop who was accused of a crime he didn't commit, and was McGarrett's father's protege, Kono Kelly (Grace Parker), Chin's cousin and a native fresh out of the academy. The task force, later named "Five-O", gets many different homicide cases, but keeps going back to the murder of McGarrett's father. This show not only catches the interest of people that love cop shows, but shows of the beauty of the island.

IntrepidRose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I've seen a bit of this show while channel surfing, but I can't bear to watch it. What I've seen has been a butchery of the original show that ran from 1968-1980. I think it would have been okay if they had at least changed the names of the characters. In the originial show McGarrett was older, and Kono was a guy. I'm sure it's a great show if you're not in love with the original show. Jack Lord (the original McGarrett) will always be one of my favourite actors.

hhgwave13 said...
I love this show so much! I like the ongoing search and storyline of McGarrett looking for his parents' killer. The characters are amazing and this show is filled with action, suspense, and drama.