One Piece | Teen Ink

One Piece

By TwoFace17 GOLD, Sioux City, Iowa
TwoFace17 GOLD, Sioux City, Iowa

One Piece is my all-time favorite anime. It is a perfect blend of comedy and action. The back stories of the main characters are very sad, they even bring me close to tears or do make me cry. The characters are so interesting that they hold my attention in this very long series. Luffy - the rubber captain, Zoro - the second greatest swordsman, Nami - the navigator, Usopp - the often cowardly sniper, Sanji - the kicking and smoking cook, Chopper - the talking human reindeer doctor, Robin - the archaeologist that can sprout her limbs from anything, Franky - the human/cyborg craftsman, and Brook - the walking talking skeleton with an afro, that can fight with a sword albeit not as good as Zoro, and has a habit of asking to look at women's panties.

The basic plot of this over 400 episode series is that a teenager named Monkey D. Luffy wants to become the pirate king just like the previous one, Gol (Gold is a mistranslation) D. Roger. Luffy has the power of the Gum Gum fruit which makes him very durable and allows him to stretch like rubber. During his journey to find Gol D. Roger's legendary treasure One Piece, that will make him become the pirate king, he gets eight more people to join him.

Zoro wants to be the world's greatest swordsman.

Nami wants to draw a map of the world.

Usopp wants to be a brave warrior of the sea like his pirate father.

Sanji wants to find the legendary All Blue that is said to be a myth by many characters. The All Blue is a cook's dream with fish from all of the oceans in one place.

Chopper wants to become a great doctor in memory of the quack doctor that showed him that no matter how different he is, he can succeed in life.

Robin wants to find and read the history of a lost people that is engraved on stones around the world.

Franky wants to sail with the Straw Hat Pirates on a ship that he made.

Brook wants to have an amazing adventure to tell his whale friend about that he hasn't seen in 50 years.

One Piece is a fun sea traveling adventure.

Safeleo said...
on May. 22 2011 at 4:17 am
Safeleo, Iwakuni, Other

"Looking up into the night sky is like looking into infinity - the distance is incomprehensible and therefore meaningless."
-Douglas Adams

I just posted some One Piece Fanart. Please rate and comment on it!

Safeleo said...
Safeleo, Iwakuni, Other

-Douglas Adams

My forum's name is One Piece.

Safeleo said...
Safeleo, Iwakuni, Other

-Douglas Adams

Hey, TwoFace17, we should get together and make a team or forum or something with some other people I found on teenink and try to get it more popular in the states, cause it's a really good anime but not as pop. as it should be.

P.S. Sanji does not smoke lollipops! Stupid 4Kids...

TwoFace17 GOLD said...
TwoFace17 GOLD, Sioux City, Iowa
You're thinking of the dumb 4Kids dub. In the unedited version, there is more action and the lollipop is a cigarette. The guy with the cigeratte is Sanji. The show can be viewed in DVD sets or online on Viz Anime.

Distant_Freedom DIAMOND, Nowhere, Pennsylvania

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

what happened to one piece, and what channel was it on?

I've seen that show before. I remember parts of it, like when some of them are fighting against other pirates. Luffy is climbing a gigantic wall of ice to get to his injured friends, and Zoro throws a sword up and then lets it almost slice his arm. Who is the guy who always wears a black suit and sucks on a red lollipop?

TwoFace17 GOLD said...
on Jan. 22 2011 at 7:36 am
TwoFace17 GOLD, Sioux City, Iowa
My first three favorite characters are Zoro, Sanji, and then Brook. Luffy comes in at number 4.

Safeleo said...
on Jan. 22 2011 at 2:18 am
Safeleo, Iwakuni, Other

-Douglas Adams

Finally someone else on teenink who <3 one piece. My fav. character is Ace, then Zoro, then Sanji. Whose yours??