One Piece | Teen Ink

One Piece

December 28, 2010
By TwoFace17 GOLD, Sioux City, Iowa
TwoFace17 GOLD, Sioux City, Iowa
14 articles 2 photos 15 comments

One Piece is my all-time favorite anime. It is a perfect blend of comedy and action. The back stories of the main characters are very sad, they even bring me close to tears or do make me cry. The characters are so interesting that they hold my attention in this very long series. Luffy - the rubber captain, Zoro - the second greatest swordsman, Nami - the navigator, Usopp - the often cowardly sniper, Sanji - the kicking and smoking cook, Chopper - the talking human reindeer doctor, Robin - the archaeologist that can sprout her limbs from anything, Franky - the human/cyborg craftsman, and Brook - the walking talking skeleton with an afro, that can fight with a sword albeit not as good as Zoro, and has a habit of asking to look at women's panties.

The basic plot of this over 400 episode series is that a teenager named Monkey D. Luffy wants to become the pirate king just like the previous one, Gol (Gold is a mistranslation) D. Roger. Luffy has the power of the Gum Gum fruit which makes him very durable and allows him to stretch like rubber. During his journey to find Gol D. Roger's legendary treasure One Piece, that will make him become the pirate king, he gets eight more people to join him.

Zoro wants to be the world's greatest swordsman.

Nami wants to draw a map of the world.

Usopp wants to be a brave warrior of the sea like his pirate father.

Sanji wants to find the legendary All Blue that is said to be a myth by many characters. The All Blue is a cook's dream with fish from all of the oceans in one place.

Chopper wants to become a great doctor in memory of the quack doctor that showed him that no matter how different he is, he can succeed in life.

Robin wants to find and read the history of a lost people that is engraved on stones around the world.

Franky wants to sail with the Straw Hat Pirates on a ship that he made.

Brook wants to have an amazing adventure to tell his whale friend about that he hasn't seen in 50 years.

The author's comments:
One Piece is a fun sea traveling adventure.