Pretty Little Liars | Teen Ink

Pretty Little Liars

November 18, 2010
By chloe demeo BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey
chloe demeo BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Pretty Little Liars is a dramatic show with many horror scenes. There are a total of 21 episodes. Some genres of the TV show include drama, crime, mystery, family, thriller, romance and adventure. There are four main characters in the show, their names are named Spencer, Hanna, Emily and Aria. Alyson is another character that gets mysteriously murdered. The girls were part of Alyson’s clique and are together in everything, never letting each other down. This TV show involves four friends that band together against an anonymous foe who threatens to reveal their darkest secrets. Somehow it seems Alyson is still alive. A person pretending to be Alyson sends the girls mysterious text messages, but what the girls don’t know is that Alyson is a fake.

All the girls have different qualities that make them unique. First is Aria, played by Lucy Hale. Aria is a very honest girl and is kind to everyone. Second is Hanna, played by Ashley Benson. Her character is very quiet and suspicious and when it comes to mysteries she is very daring. The third character is Spencer, played by Troian Bellisario. Her character is extremely sporty, athletic, is a teachers pet, and is a straight A student. Throughout the series, Spencer continually and accidentally steals her older sister’s boyfriends. The last character is Emily, played by Shay Mitchell. Emily’s character is trusting and honest towards friends and family, though she is shy around strangers.

Later on in the series, Hanna goes out to try to find clues of who this fake “Alyson” may be. Hannah goes into the woods and discovers where the fake “Alyson” is hiding. She follows “Alyson” until the person seemly disappears. Hanna walks toward a car park and turns around to see a car coming towards her. Hanna is in too much shock so she is not able to move, and the car knocks her over and she dies. The other girls from her clique find her and go rushing towards her in despair.

That episode was the last episode in the first season, it was a cliffhanger. It would have been alright if the creators made a couple more episodes about what was going to happen after Hanna’s death, so that the first season wasn’t left on a cliffhanger. This show is not appropriate for ages 12 and under. There are many horror scenes and drama scenes. Hopefully there will be a second season. Overall, this TV show is fun and enjoyable for teens.