Degrassi: The Next Generation (Season 10)

Being Canadian and such, I was always aware of Degrassi. Personally, I thought It was a crazy show. And believe me, it is- but that's what makes it so amazing. I first got hooked when I was surfing the web one day, when I was looking up the actress that plays (don't hold me too it) the first transgendered character on Degrassi, and I watched the two main episodes featuring this character- Adam. Within four days, I had seen season 10 in it's entirety. Eli, Claire, Alli, Drew, Fiona, Holly J- only a few of the puzzle pieces that make up Degrassi.

I now have no interest in Glee, Gossip Girl, or any of those other "teen" shows I used to love. Degrassi covers real storylines. I've seen (in season 10 alone) divorce, abuse, relationships, bullying, teen pregnancy... the works! Degrassi, for me, is very, very relatable. In not every situation, of course- and one of the best parts about Degrassi is that the actors and actresses on the show (for the most part) are actually CLOSE to the age of their character (the actor who plays Finn on Glee, is 27!). They just seem like real teens... playing "real" teens. Who would have ever thought?

And a side note- Degrassi is shot in Toronto, and has been on Television for over 30 years! The episodes are only about 20-25 minutes long each, not bad. I got caught up on Season 10 on muchmusic.com!