Degrassi: The Next Generation (Season 10) | Teen Ink

Degrassi: The Next Generation (Season 10)

November 1, 2010
By stargazinggirl BRONZE, Oakville, Other
stargazinggirl BRONZE, Oakville, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"All you need is love" -John Lennon (Beatles Song)
"My life is my message" Ghandi


Being Canadian and such, I was always aware of Degrassi. Personally, I thought It was a crazy show. And believe me, it is- but that's what makes it so amazing. I first got hooked when I was surfing the web one day, when I was looking up the actress that plays (don't hold me too it) the first transgendered character on Degrassi, and I watched the two main episodes featuring this character- Adam. Within four days, I had seen season 10 in it's entirety. Eli, Claire, Alli, Drew, Fiona, Holly J- only a few of the puzzle pieces that make up Degrassi.

I now have no interest in Glee, Gossip Girl, or any of those other "teen" shows I used to love. Degrassi covers real storylines. I've seen (in season 10 alone) divorce, abuse, relationships, bullying, teen pregnancy... the works! Degrassi, for me, is very, very relatable. In not every situation, of course- and one of the best parts about Degrassi is that the actors and actresses on the show (for the most part) are actually CLOSE to the age of their character (the actor who plays Finn on Glee, is 27!). They just seem like real teens... playing "real" teens. Who would have ever thought?

And a side note- Degrassi is shot in Toronto, and has been on Television for over 30 years! The episodes are only about 20-25 minutes long each, not bad. I got caught up on Season 10 on muchmusic.com!


The author's comments:
WARNING: Degrassi is highly addictive and highly explosive if held next to heat!

Watch the first episode to see if you like it... but I must warn you, the drama really starts to pick up around episode 6 or 7. You may be better off starting at whatever episode sounds the most interesting to you!