Sober House This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Who's to say a combination of two reality shows can't turn out great? The VH1 series “Sober House” brings together two addiction-based shows, “Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew” and “Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew,” in a spinoff that's sure to catch the eye of fans who enjoyed either program. After graduating from rehab, the cast members had a choice to continue pursuing their goal of sobriety and healthy living by joining “Sober House.”

In previous seasons of “Celebrity Rehab” and the single season of “Sex Rehab,” patients received counseling from Bob Forrest and Dr. Drew Pinsky, which continues in “Sober House,” along with the same rules: patients must not use drugs or alcohol and will be tested for both. Unlike in the other two shows, patients are allowed to go out (with a ­curfew) but must still abide by the rules. This is a test as well as a challenge to each patient's sobriety.

Seth Binzer, Tom Sizemore, Heidi Fleiss, Mike Star, and Dennis Rodman from “Celeb­rity Rehab” take part in the new show. Also returning are Kendra Jade and Kari Ann Peniche, who appeared on both previous shows. Kari Ann, infamous for drama, continues to stir things up in “Sober House” from day one. Heidi Fleiss and Tom Sizemore continue their feud, Dennis Rodman refuses to follow the rules, and Mike Star lashes out at cameramen. This is a show that is bound to keep viewers watching.

Cast members are faced with challenges and tough decisions, paving the way to their clean lifestyle. The hardships these addicts face shine a light on what really happens during the struggle to maintain sobriety, rather than focusing solely on rehabilitation. This series shows viewers the true effects of alcoholism, drug addiction, and sex addiction and how they can destroy a life.

This program is about building back up something broken, which any of us may have to do at some point in our life. It may not be drugs or alcohol, but we all struggle with issues. Watching these celebrities rise above their addictions to take back their lives is inspiring.

If you love addiction series and reality TV, you're sure
to get hooked on “Sober House.”