NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service | Teen Ink

NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service

August 15, 2010
By Anonymous

Having only recently discovered NCIS, I speak from the perspective of an unsuspecting fan – I say unsuspecting because I did not expect the high quality and humor after viewing only three episodes.

Unknown to me, NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service has aired 7 complete seasons. However it is not necessary to watch in chronological order to understand the plot. The reason is simply because the structure of the show remains the same. Most NCIS episodes begin with a crime, followed by an investigation by the NCIS agents: Leroy Jethro Gibbs, the leader of the quirky team of special agents consisting of Tony Dinozzo, the senior agent with humorous immaturity, Ziva David, the fearless female agent whose English is confounded by her knowledge of multiple languages, Tim McGee, a computer techie who is teased for his low rank and pushover tendency, and Abby Sciuto, the gothic forensic scientist whose talkative personality runs counter to her appearance.

But don’t be fooled by this simply sequence of crime and investigation, NCIS has the potential to run in any direction which is what makes it so appealing. I highly recommend NCIS to viewers new to the crime/ action genre, the witty banter of the agents coupled with an unpredictable plot will be sure to satisfy even the most fickle channel flipper.