If You Really Knew What High School Is Like

I have a real problem with the show "If you really Knew Me." And not just because they refer to groups of students as cliques and give them silly names like the "populars" and "loners."Do you honestly think people would be sharing those oh so heart wrenching stories, if they weren't getting camera time for it. Also they never touch on any issues that could depict the school in a negative way. Foxnews.com has an article saying MTV's show breaks boundaries one high school at a time. I'm sorry but they aren't breaking boundaries, they are casting teens who have the most intense story lines. How about the kids who just can't deal with the pressure of homework, or the kid who can't get a date to prom. Nope it's all about the teen's with depression, the popular kids who are upset because even though they have tons of friends they feel alone, and the smart kids who think they are superior to everyone else. It is just frustrating to watch a completely wrong depiction of the high school life.

pageturner This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I never watchted this particular show. But I agree with you on shows like MTV. But I'm going to be starting high school soon. And can someone please tell me what high school mis really like?

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 17, 2010 at 9:06 am
 I have never even seen the show and sounds like I would hate it. Nice job, I really liked how honest you were and I agree with you. Keep writing!

Writer24 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 17, 2010 at 12:44 am
It's a well writen article and you voiced your opinion thouroughly but I don't agree. I loved the show and I think they probably picked the kids who were the most willing to speak on camera and there were probably plenty who didn't want to speak unless they were in there private group.