Glee Season Finale

Glee is a fresh, new show about a glee (choir group) on a high school in Ohio. Over the past few months fans everywhere have been bewitched by the diversity of characters that this show offers us: from geeks to jocks, including the performing arts people and cheerleaders, everyone seems to identify with someone. The episodes seem too have almost the same plot: Sue, the evil leader of the cheerleading squad, tries to destroy the Glee club because sh thinks that the gizzilions of dollars that the school board spends in cheerleading are not enough so she tries to steal funds from the Glee club. But the different thing about Glee are the songs: fresh, new and cute faces singing their own quite good versions of pop, rock and even funk songs are very appealing to teens.
With all that in mind the Glee season 1 finale disappointed many people. OK, Quinn’s baby being born is a big event lead beautifully by Jesse and Vocal Adrenaline singing a chilly performance of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody but the Glee's performances just didn't convince anyone. It seemed that by their song choices they were already destined to lose to super champions Vocal Adrenaline. I mean who chooses a mash up of Journey to go against Bohemian Rhapsody?!?
Sure it couldn't be all wins for the Glee Clubbers but some more opposition wouldn't have hurt them.
In sum, the Glee season finale wasn't the perfect ending that most people wanted but it stills leaves us waiting for the season 2 to begin next fall.

Writer24 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like the review. It's really well written and tells your point of view about the season finale. Although, I disagree. I was disappointed in the finale, but not because of the songs, but because I wanted Quinn to keep the baby and was really sad when her baby was given away to Rachel's mother.

SimplyBia replied...

I think the plot line was actually OK but I was really really disapointed by the song choice..you get the feeling that Vocal Adreline were much superior to New Directions. A feeling that they had tried to tone down a bit in the previous episodes.

But I thank you a lot for your positive feedback ;)

auntieG said...

I liked it, I mean the review.

I saw this show just twice, I think.

Next fall I'll join you to see it more attentively.

HunterD said...
I liked it

SimplyBia replied...
Thanks a lot :D

SimplyBia said...
Please feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think ;)