"The Biggest Loser" | Teen Ink

"The Biggest Loser"

By swimchunks BRONZE, Stockbridge, Georgia
swimchunks BRONZE, Stockbridge, Georgia

“The Biggest Loser” is a reality television show which airs Tuesday nights on NBC. The show normally begins with twenty contestants: one contestant is eliminated each week. The main objective of the show is for obese people to loose weight, and whoever has lost the most weight within sixteen weeks will ultimately be crowned “The Biggest Loser.” The contestants undergo physical challenges and temptations. The physical challenges may require a team to pull a tractor trailer truck one hundred yards down a field or run at a ten incline on a treadmill above water. The challenges often result in immunity from elimination for that week of the game or a cash prize. Next, the temptations test the contestants self control by allowing the players to eat unhealthy foods: candy, hotdogs, or apple pies. Whoever wins the temptations often gains an abundance of fat calories and the power of choosing teams or trainers for the other players on the show. This power can become complicated when all of the contestants live together in one house on The Biggest Loser Ranch. There at the ranch, the contestants workout about eight hours a day while also maintaining a healthy diet. Two trainers are present who work with the contestants around the clock-Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels. The trainers help the contestants through every emotional and physical struggle they endure while being at “the ranch,” and they also help the contestants to shed away pounds. As the show proceeds the viewer discovers each contestant’s emotional struggle which has led them to gaining weight. This difficult struggle captures the viewer who then becomes emotionally connected to the show; therefore, the viewer continues to watch the television show. “The Biggest Loser” is an inspiring show which teaches people how to become healthy and live better lives. The show also teaches the contestants and viewers how to be hopeful, persevere, and to become a team player. This show has captivated America: Americans have lost more than 3 million pounds since the show challenged all people to become more active. Therefore, “The Biggest Loser” should actually be called “The Biggest Winner” as it truly transforms the contestants’ lives and positively influences their families and all of America to live a lifetime of good health.

trblue GOLD said...
on May. 29 2010 at 9:21 pm
trblue GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

"Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother@#?!&* upside the head. "

im big myself i think. but would u do the house thing (house the show on fox) and eat food while watching the show. that would make me feel guilty.