Jersey Shore TV Review | Teen Ink

Jersey Shore TV Review

One day while flicking through the channels, I came upon a show on MTV called the Jersey Shore. I was curious to see what all the hype was with the show so I sat down and watched. I was instantly hooked on the show. The show is about 8 people who like to portray themselves as guidos (males) and guidettes (females). The show is basically the Real World with more drama, more fights, and more hook ups. Overall the Jersey Shore is a great television show because it has great characters, a lot of drama, and appeals to many different types of people.

One of the reasons the show is popular is because of the cast on the show. Mike “The Situation” is by far the most memorable character on the show. He is a very cocky guy who can be full of himself at some moments. The Situation (as he refers to himself) loves doing three things. GTL or gym, tan, laundry is his daily preparation before going to the battle field aka the club. He is known for having a plethora of females around him. His best friend on the show Pauly D is his wingman on many of these occasions on the battlefield. Pauly D is a DJ from Rhode Island, and was remembered on the show for his affair with JWOWW. JWOWW or Jenni is best friends with Snooki and is a model from New York. JWOWW was very straight forward and this leads her to getting into altercations on the show. Snooki is one of the most comical characters on the show. Her goal at the Jersey Shore was to find a boyfriend. She never did find the man she was looking for, but had a great time partying. She is very comical for her lack of understanding of the real world. Another popular character is Sammi “Sweet heart” who was known for her relationships with Mike and Ronnie. At the beginning of the show she kind of had a thing for Mike, and they were getting close until Mike brought another girl back to the house. She decided that her next target was Ronnie who she dated throughout the show, and after the show. Sammi and Ronnie’s arguments added the relationship drama to the show. Ronnie, who was quoted saying never fall in love on the Jersey Shore, was known for dating Sammi on the show. He is known for his confrontations with Mike and many people, and he was also known for getting arrested after a fight on the show. Vinny was the youngest person on the show. He was considered a “mama’s boy” and was only 21 years of age at the time. The last character is Angelina who left after 3 episodes and was not really remembered for being on the show.

The show was filled with none stop drama. Whether it was Ronnie and Sammi fighting or Mike starting trouble with the other members of the cast, there was never a dull moment on the show. The cast had their own language that they had developed like a grenade, grenade launcher, the battlefield, and creeping. One of the most memorable moments was when they were at a bar and Snooki ended up getting punched in the face by a full grown male. The male was arrested on site, and was later charged with assault. The show was also memorable for their dancing at the clubs. The fist pump was their favorite dance move in which they would beat up the beat to the song. They would also battle on the dance floor which was when they would move their arms violently around and stumble around the dance floor.

This show appeals to many different people because it applies to a bunch of people. The show brought the guido lifestyle to light, and many people thought it was humorous. The humor in the show was at times vulgar, and showed the ignorance of some of the characters. It brought satirical relief to all sorts of people. The show related to all different types of young people, and brought a following to the guido stereotype.

Overall whether you hate or love the show you still know about it. The show brought a new stereotype to life. It was filled with humor, drama, and fights every episode. The show gave MTV a reality show that boosted high ratings after the Real World has been losing popularity. Whether it’s Ronnie and Sammi fighting, Snooki looking for love, or Mike creeping on some women the show was always entertaining. In my opinion I think that this show maybe the greatest reality TV show of present day. We all know about it one way or another, and we can all say whether you love or hate it the show is memorable.

on Oct. 10 2011 at 11:09 am
I love watching Jeresey Shore because it is hilarious and i like they way the others get jeoulous over each other.

morgy said...
on Feb. 9 2011 at 8:24 am
Oh yeah, Jersey shore yeah!!!! :)