White Collar | Teen Ink

White Collar

February 19, 2010
By haubey BRONZE, Weston, Florida
haubey BRONZE, Weston, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In it’s first season, White Collar hasn’t disappointed anyone. While it started off slow, it’s in full force now and nothing will stand in its way. Matthew Bomer expertly plays the part of Neal Caffrey, an ex-con turned FBI consultant, and is supported by Tim DeKay as Peter Burke, and Willie Garson as Mozzie.

The premise of the show is simple: Neal Caffrey was captured by Peter Burke and had four months left on a four year prison sentence when he escaped prison. Neal escaped prison because his girlfriend, Kate (Alexandra Daddario) left him a few months prior. Peter, being the expert that his is on Neal, knew exactly where to find Neal after he escaped. Before Peter brought Neal back to prison, Neal found a fiber on Peter’s jacket and said it was a fiber from the new Canadian $100 bill. Neal then told Peter to meet him in prison in one week, and Peter obliged. During their meeting, Neal told peter that he wanted to be released into Peter’s custody as a consultant to the FBI for cases that regard Neal’s area of expertise, white-collar crimes. The show expands from that point.

Simply put, White Collar is must watch television. It’s fun to watch, and has a great supporting cast, especially Mozzie, who is always there for Neal in his unique and quirky style. Each show is it’s own episode, and is only tied in to the entire series by Neal’s search for Kate, who possibly is being held captive by a FBI agent, Garrett Fowler (Noah Emmerich). However, Peter Suspects Kate is working with Fowler in order to get an amber music box that Neal said he had.

Individually each episode could be watched and no spatial relation could be made between any episode, which makes it easy to follow and fun to watch. Each episode put together tells a different tale, and shows the relationship between Peter and Neal grow, and it shows Neal’s search for Kate expand.

All in all, White Collar is an excellent show with a great cast, and a mediocre plot, but the fun that takes place watching it had me hooked and will keep me hooked for many, many episodes to come.