Johnny Depp Named Actor Of The Decade | Teen Ink

Johnny Depp Named Actor Of The Decade

By LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other
LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other

Live. Laugh. Love. Fight. Flight. Get it right.<3

The People’s Choice Awards was hosted by Queen Latifah and featured a number of celebrities and performers. Many titles and honours were given out to the numerous talented actors and actresses. Then arrived the time to hand out the award for the Favourite Movie Actor of the Decade. This is a much esteemed award and who better to win the honour than Johnny Depp? The popular actor who starred in raving films such as the Pirates of the Caribbean Series as Captain Jack Sparrow had received the award at the 2010’s People’s Choice Awards. Unsurprisingly, films featuring Depp have grossed over $4.8 billion worldwide. It is unsurprising due to the amount of talent that arises from his acting. Anyone and everyone who has watched a Johnny Depp film before knows that he is a completely different person in each one and I don’t simply mean that the character is different. The more popular character’s he chooses to portray are usually interesting and bizarre at the same time. Besides Sparrow, look at Benjamin Barker from Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street or the Mad Hatter in the upcoming Alice in Wonderland. The way he portrays the insanity of these characters are both visually appealing and out of the ordinary. Yet, speaking of run-of-the-mill, he has also acquired praise for his real-life characters, for example, George Jung in Blow (2001). With his amazing aptitude to get into another character’s skin and depict this in his virtually flawless films, it is no wonder that Johnny Depp had won the honour as he gave credit to his fans for aiding him with his outstanding success, “The only reason that any of us are up here is because of you.”