Roseanne This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I first saw the television show Roseanne, I didn't quite know what to expect. Would it be good? Bad? Dull? Interesting? All I knew was that it revolved around a blue-collar working class family, and it was supposed to be the hit of the season. They were totally right. The minute Roseanne Barr appeared on screen, I began to warm up to the show. I could actually relate to this program! Let's face it - not every family is like the Huxtables of the ever popular Cosby Show. Not everyone's dad is a doctor and mother a lawyer. The Conners on Roseanne have a messy house, kids who talk back and constant financial problems. The Huxtable's house is spotless (Ok, ok, except for Theo's room.), the kids are almost always polite, and although Cliff Huxtable is always trying to find bargains and ways to save a few bucks, they are a far cry from low-income.

Roseanne might be a bit sarcastic with her kids and her boss, but she is easy to like and funny too. Most of all, she is realistic.

mrsperegrineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I **love** this show!!! Roseanne is so hilarious but like you say, its also very realistic in showing what the average American family is like. I agree with gogreen118, I think that by using a compare/contrast format you made your review really stand out!  

Sasha said...
Jul. 2, 2009 at 6:22 am:
Okay, I lovelovelove Roseanne. I'm glad this isnt a hate article. I watch Roseanne whenever I can. I can stay up till 4:00 AM watching it. I love the family. GREAT SHOW!

gogreen118 said...
Feb. 25, 2009 at 4:32 am:
I totally agree! That is one great show, and I liked how you stuck to a compare/contrast format. great article!